Chapter 8: The Face off

"Don't you get it?! Aren't you a smart girl? I'm fucking jealous!" He confessed making my eyes widened and my jaw dropped on the floor.

Is he serious? H-He's jealous?! How should I react on that confession?!

"I-..." I was about to talk when someone knocked on the door that somewhat made me felt relief, I'm save well, for now?

Yongguk let out a deep sigh then stood up to opened the door. As he opened it a somewhat old guy maybe age around forties came in giving Yongguk a surprise.

"W-What are you doing here?" He piped up.

"Why?? this is my house, isn't it?" he answered, Wait, does it mean this guy is Yongguk's father? "What's with that question, son?" He shook his head then suddenly looked at my direction. I immediately got up and fixed my wrinkled uniform then bowed ninety degrees.

"Good evening sir," I started off, "I'm Lee Hee Ra, your son's classmate." I introduced myself then he smiled at me as response.

"Good evening to you too, beautiful young lady," he greeted me as he walked towards me, "I'm Bang Yongnam, Yongguk's father. Nice to meet you." He introduced back then he took my hand and tried to kiss the back if my palm when Yongguk suddenly pulled me.

"Y-Yongguk?" I muttered, he stared at me for just a couple of seconds then looked at his dad already.

"What are you think you're doing?" Yongguk piped up while giving his dad an evil gaze, "Don't just touch someone's girl!" He said out of nowhere making my eyes twitched. What the fuck this guy mean by that, huh?!

"Come on son, don't be like that I'm just greeting your "classmate."" He retorted while air-quoting the word classmate, "So, Hee Ra you're joining us for dinner, right?" He shifted his attention to me while wearing a big smile. Just like Yongguk his father is also unreadable, I don't know if he's really nice or just wearing poker face?

"I-..."

"She can't, she's actually going now." Yongguk cut me off, I look up on him giving him a questioning look and he looked back on me, "What? You still have other appointment, right? You're meeting with...him?" He muttered then looked away after. W-What's with that? What's with him? Earlier he don't want me to go he even hung up on Daehyun so, why?

"Is that so?" Yongnam-sshi sighed, "It's such a waste, we haven't talk that long but oh well, that can't be help, right?" He shrugged then again let out a sigh, "So, son you go now and drive your friend." He smirked trying to annoy Yongguk maybe?

"You don't have to tell me that." Yongguk shook his head, "Wait for me outside, I'll just change." He instructed me and I just nodded in response. I bowed at Yongnam-sshi then about to go out,

"See you later, Hee Ra," Yongnam-sshi beamed me a smile, "And meeting you is really a pleasure." He again tried to kiss me hand but again Yongguk didn't let that happen by throwing him a shirt, "Bang Yongguk, what's that for?!" He complained made me chuckled, it really seems like they bond so well, huh?

---

We're now on our way to my place and ever since we left the atmosphere was so awkward. No ones talking or even gazing to anyone. I'm still bother about his sudden outburst earlier, is he really serious? But that's so impossible, right?

He suddenly let out a deep sigh breaking the awkward silence, "If that thing really bothers you then just forget about it," he started off, how can I forget about that, huh? "And stop over thinking things." He added.

"What are you talking about?" I piped up, "Im not bother about that because I know you're not serious about it and just making fun on me." I pointed out trying to deny the fact that I'm really bothered.

"If that kind if thinking will make you feel better then fine, I'm not serious about it and just making fun on you." He said sarcastically, "Happy now?" He snorted making me raised an eyebrow. Bwo?! What's with that attitude, huh?!

I actually want to argue back with that topic but I chose to not anymore, I just want to forget about that, "Anyways, it seems that you and your father are really close, aren't you?" I changed the topic while wearing a sarcastic smile, "You actually look like him and your aura were really the same." Yeah, I'm really looking for a fight. His annoyed face is a perfect picture for me.

"If you're trying to annoy me just forget it," he dryly said, "That man's presence is already enough to annoyed me for the whole week." He shook his head then let out a deep sigh.

"I see," I retorted, "You know I'm starting to like your dad." I smirked and he just shook his head. This is so surprising, how can Bang Yongguk maintain his cool like this? It's not that I want his so called punishment it's just that something's strange about him? Is this the effect of his dad's presence?

Without noticing we've already arrived at my place and my eyes widened seeing Daehyun sitting and waiting for me. He really did wait for me? I went out from the car and Daehyun got up and approached me.

"Yo!" He greeted me, "I thought you'll take longer?" He added as he wore a gentle smile.

"You really waited me?" I raised an eyebrow in disbelief, "Are you stupid?! How long have you've been sitting there?" I took his hands, "Your hands were freaking cold?! Aist! Jung Daehyun are you a nuts? You can just wait me at home, you know?!" I scolded as I tried warming his hands.

"Yah! Don't be so dramatic there?" He chuckled, "I'm just ok, you told me to wait so I wait for you. So, what's with that attitude, huh Lee Hee Ra?" He took his hand then raffled my hair.

"Pabo," I snorted but instead of beings offended that made him chuckled, "Annoying."

"Sorry for interrupting your oh so sweet bonding," Yongguk suddenly piped up, oh shot! I forgot about him. He walked towards us then stared at Daehyun for seconds then shifted to me, "Your bag," he shortly said then handed me my bag.

"Ah yeah, thanks." I awkwardly bowed and smiled at him.

"So, Hee Ra aren't you going to introduce him to me?" Daehyun stated as he wrapped his arm in my shoulder, what's with this guy? "He's your classmate, isn't he?" He asked.

"Uhm...Daehyun this is Bang Yongguk and Yongguk this is Jung Daehyun." I introduced them to each other just like what Dae asked me, they're just staring at each other and I don't know if it's just me but the aura coming from them was so intense. "Uhm...guys?" I muttered.

"Nice to meet Bang Yongguk." Daehyun finally piped up as he held his hand out to Yongguk, I then nervously looked at Yongguk waiting why will he do next.

He was just staring at Dae's hand then looked at me, and again stared back at Daehyun.

"Nice meeting you too." He replied forcing a smile then took Dae's hand, "So, you're Daehyun, her childhood friend?" Yongguk smirked then a staring game started.

The intense aura from earlier became more intense, and why do I feel like I'm in the middle of fire? W-What's really happening here?