The Basketball Coach Part 2 - Steve Harrington

Steve's POV

It's been about a month since Y/N and I found out the truth. When Y/N told me that I was Johnny's father, I had a lot of things I needed to figure out. I instantly knew that I wanted to be a part of his life; of both of their lives. The things I had to figure out was how I would support the two of them on my small salary.

After finding out I was a father, I went back to work for my dad. It sucked but it was worth it if it meant I could spoil the woman I loved and take care of my son. Every decision I've made has been to benefit my son and Y/N. All I think about is what I can do to make their lives better.

Tonight, Johnny was at his friend's house while Y/N and I were having a date night. We got back to her house after dinner and started watching a movie. I looked down to see Y/N watching the movie as she played with my hands. My arms were wrapped around her and she was leaning back against my chest.

"The school is having a clothing drive Saturday morning," I started. "I had to sign up, but I figured it would be fun if you and Johnny came with me. We could get lunch after."

I smirked when Y/N quickly moved so she was straddling my hips.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea," she smiled. I gently put my hand on the back of her neck and brought her lips to mine. She let out a soft moan as our lips started moving in sync. We were just about to get into it when the front door opened. I held back a laugh as she quickly got off my lap.

"Johnny?" She called out as she fixed her shirt. "Is that you?"

"Yep!" Johnny said from the other room. When he walked in and saw his mom and me on the couch, he smirked.

"What's up, sweetie?" Y/N asked as she stayed on the couch but turned so she was looking at him. "I thought you and some of the boys were hanging out at Tyler's house tonight."

"We are," he said, sending me one last look before turning back to his mom. "That's why I'm here. The guys wanted to stay late playing that new game. Tyler's mom suggested we sleep over so we didn't have to drive home at 3 in the morning. Is that okay?"

"Of course," Y/N smiled. "But make sure you're back here tomorrow morning. All three of us are helping with the high school clothing drive."

"What time do you want me home?" He asked.

I smiled when Y/N looked at me. "The clothing drive starts at 10. If we want to help set up we should be there around 9."

"Okay," he said simply. "I'll make sure I'm home before 8:30."

"Thanks, baby," Y/N gushed. "Have fun with the boys."

"Will do." Johnny walked over and kissed his mom's forehead. He sent me a look before saying, "You two have fun with your sleepover."

Before either one of us could respond, Johnny ran upstairs. Y/N turned to me with bright red cheeks.

"I think it's safe to say that our son is okay with us being together," I chuckled. It was hard to ignore the feeling I had when I said our son.

"I would say so too," Y/N smiled. She leaned over and gave me a soft kiss. I deepened the kiss by grabbing her face. We didn't think about how long we'd been making out until we heard Johnny running back downstairs.

"Have fun!" Y/N called out.

"You two!" Johnny teased. "Be careful."

Y/N sighed as the door shut behind him. I grabbed her chin and gently made her look at me.

"It's okay," I whispered. "I know it's a little weird, but he's okay with this."

"I think it helps that you're his father," she whispered. "Not sure if he'd be this okay with me having a sleepover of my own if it was some random guy I'd been dating, but. . ."