Kiss Me - Steve Harrington

Steve's POV

It all happened so fast. One minute I was telling everyone else that there was a gate in the middle of the lake. The next, I was being pulled under. After we fought off the demobats, I looked around at my friends.

My eyes stopped when I saw Y/N holding a broken ore in her hand. She looked at me, a weak smile forming on her face. As I stared at her, she started to get blurry.

"Steve!" I heard Y/N gasp as I collapsed to my knees. I felt her hands delicately on my shoulders as she got in front of me. "Are you okay? Talk to me."

"I'm fine," I tried to say.

"Steve," she said firmly, "tell me the truth. What's wrong?"

Instead of answering her, I sat up a little so we could see my stomach. Y/N gasped and reached towards me. I instantly noticed how shaky her hands were. As they hovered over my wound, I reached up and grabbed them.

"I'm fine," I tried to say without pain in my voice. "Just help me up."

"Up?" She asked, her voice soft and breaking. "Steve, we should check your wound."

"We need to get you somewhere safe," I said without thinking.

"I'm not the one who's hurt."

Damn, I loved when she blushed.

"I want to keep it that way, so please, let's get somewhere safe."

"And then I can check your wound?" She asked.

"Of course," I smiled.

Y/N nodded as she put her arms around me and slowly helped me to my feet. She didn't let go as we headed into the woods. I tried to keep walking, but the pain got overwhelming. Soon, my knees buckled under me.

"I'm sorry," I sighed as we both fell.

"It's okay," Y/N said as she moved in front of me. She helped me stand up and gently pushed me back so I was leaning against a rock. Before I could ask her what she was doing, Y/N started ripping the bottom of her shirt.

"Y/N," I tried to stop her. My breath got caught in my throat when she knelt in front of me. I watched as she started wrapping it around my waist. I was in a weird trance until she tightened the bandage.

"I'm sorry," she cringed as I involuntarily let out a pained gasp.

"It's okay," I said, trying to hide the pain from her. She looked up at me and I could see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm really sorry," she whispered. "I'm almost done. I hate that I'm hurting you. I wish I was the one who got hurt."

"No," I said quickly and firmly. "I'd rather it be me than you, Y/N."

"But. . ."

"No," I snapped a little harder than I meant to. "I'm sorry, but it's better that I got hurt and not you. Don't ever say otherwise."

We held our eye contact for a few seconds. I needed her to understand this. I needed her to know why I couldn't let her get hurt.

"Never you," I whispered. Without breaking eye contact, Y/N nodded. When the tension got too much for her, she cleared her throat and turned her focus back on my wound.

I needed her to know how much I loved her.

"Kiss me."

"What?" She stuttered as her head snapped up to look at me.

"Kiss me," I repeated. I grabbed her face and she allowed me to stand her up. The second we were face-to-face, I leaned in and pressed my lips delicately to hers.

As her lips started moving against mine, I let go of her face and wrapped my arms around her waist. Y/N dropped the bandage and put her hands on my face. I couldn't resist pulling her as close to me as we could get.

I finally broke the kiss, instantly pressing my forehead to hers.

"Steve," she said my name so softly I almost didn't hear her. I leaned back and looked into her eyes.

"I would rather be chased by a hundred demogorgans than have you be chased by one demonbat," I whispered. "I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe, Y/N. No one is going to take you from me."

"We can't always control what happens," she said softly.

"I can control what happens to you," I said instantly.

"Steve, things aren't always in our control. We never know what's going to. . ."

"I love you."

I didn't plan on blurting it out like that but after almost losing her and being stuck here, I couldn't go another second without her knowing the truth.

"But Steve. . . We've been friends forever and. . . You never told me. . . I love you too, Steve."

When she finally got it out, I was overwhelmed with happiness. I pulled her into my chest so quickly, she gasped. I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. As our lips moved in sync, it was almost like we couldn't get close enough.

We jumped apart when people cleared their throats. Without letting go of each other, we broke apart and turned towards our audience.

"When you guys are done," Robin chuckled, "we still need to get the hell out of here."

"Sorry," Y/N said. I glanced over at her and could see the blush burning her face.

Nancy and Robin shared knowing looks before walking away. Eddie looked between the two of us, arms folded over his chest, and that obnoxious smirk on his face.

"What?" I deadpanned, my arms still wrapped around Y/N.

"It's about damn time."

I looked down at her and smirked when I saw the blush on her face. I reached up and moved a piece of hair out of her face, my hand lingering on her face.

"He's right," I whispered.

"What?" She asked, but the look in her eyes said she knew what.

"It's about damn time we got together."