Brotherly Cupid - Steve Harrington

Steve pulled up to Dustin's house and honked his horn. Ever since the new school year started after their crazy summer with the mall hiding the Russians, Steve wanted to make sure he kept a better eye on the kids. He took them everywhere he would let them. He took them to school, to basketball practice, to each other's houses. The only one he consistently took without much arguing was Dustin.

He instinctively turned down the music when he saw Dustin walking out of his house.

"Hey," Dustin greeted as he got in.

"Hey, ready for your math test today?"

"We gotta wait," Dustin said when Steve started to put his car in drive. "Y/N's not here yet."

"Y/N?" Steve stuttered. He quickly cleared his throat and put his car in park. "Your sister's coming? I thought she usually has early choir practice before school."

"Yeah," Dustin elongated. "But the choir concert was last week, remember? My mom forced me to go so I dragged you with me."

"Hey," Steve sighed. "Come on. It wasn't that bad. Y/N's solo was good."

"Anyway," Dustin said, rolling his eyes, "since the concert is over, she doesn't have early-morning practice for the rest of the year."

"The rest of the year?"

"Yep," he sighed. "Hope you don't mind taking her."

"I don't mind," Steve said a little too quickly. He looked behind himself, his stomach flipping when he realized the back of his car was disgusting. "Get in the back."

"What?" Dustin laughed.

"We shouldn't make your sister sit in the back," Steve said, trying not to sound as pleading. "Be nice and let your sister sit in the front."

"Y/N doesn't care," Dustin shrugged. "She would probably prefer to sit in the back."

"What?" Steve panicked. "Why? Does she. . . Is she uncomfortable with me? Does she not like me?"

Steve snapped his mouth shut when Dustin turned towards him. He held his breath as he studied him.

"Holy shit!" Dustin laughed as he looked at Steve's blushing face.

"What?" Steve stuttered.

"You have a crush on my sister!" Dustin was practically jumping up and down in the front seat. "And here she comes!"

Steve quickly spun around, his heart jumping into his throat when he saw Y/N locking their front door.

"Here she comes. Here she comes," Steve repeated under his breath.

"This is so adorable!" Dustin was laughing. "Steve likes my sister and my sister likes. . ."

Dustin quickly stopped talking. Steve instantly turned back towards him. "Your sister likes who, Dustin?"

"Nobody," Dustin stuttered.

"Dustin," Steve elongated.

"Steve," Dustin elongated back.

"Tell me."

"It's nothing!"

"Yes, it is! Tell me."

"No."

"Come on, Dustin. Tell me. Does your sister. . ."

"Does your sister what?"

The two let out matching yelps, causing Y/N to gasp as she got in the backseat. "What is wrong with you two?! Dustin, did you not tell him that I needed a ride to school? I'm sorry, Steve. Early-morning choir is over. You don't need to take me to school. I can find another ride. I know it's kind of weird you give Dusty a ride to school, especially since you already graduated. Not that it's weird weird. That's not what I meant. I'm sorry. I should get another ride. I really should get a license but I hate driving. It's terrifying and I scare easily. I'm sorry, Steve. I'll go. See you later, Dusty."