A Little Distracted - Keys

I walked into his apartment with a bag of food in one arm and a six-pack of beer in the other. I had barely kicked off my shoes when I felt it. Something was off.

"Keys?" I called out as I walked into the kitchen and put the stuff down. I started getting nervous when he didn't respond. "Keys? Where are you?"

I left the kitchen and started walking through his apartment. "Keys? Come on. Please say something. Keys? Give me a grunt or a crash so I know where you're at."

I let out a sigh of relief when I heard a soft grunt coming from the extra room that Keys turned into an office space for himself. I jogged down the hall and stopped in the doorway. When I saw him, my heart sank into my stomach.

"Hey, you," I said gently.

"Hi," he mumbled, his eyes still glued to his computer.

"I brought food," I said, shoving my hands into my back pockets. "And beer. You up for a break?"

He grunted but kept typing on his computer. I watched him for a few minutes but his focus was entirely on his code.

"Keys, I really think you should take a break," I sighed. "You're starting to worry me. Remember senior year with your project?"

"Yeah," he mumbled.

"Keys."

"I'm fine. Why the hell is this not working?" Keys interrupted himself.

"Keys, I'm bleeding."

"I will take a break as soon as I finish this part of the code."

"You always say that," I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "Take a break and help me with this bullet wound."

"In a minute."

"I'm dying."

"I will eat as soon as this. . ."

My heart sank when I realized he had officially gotten to the point where he couldn't even finish his thought. I smirked when I got an idea, "How about we skip dinner, go to your room, and just go to town on each other? Let's do it, Keys. Take me to your room and make love to me."

"Wait, what?" Keys said, finally looking away from his computer and turning his chair around.

"Of course, that you hear," I sighed, throwing my hands up in defeat. Before he could say anything, I turned on my heel and walked back to the kitchen. I tried to push down my anger as I set up the food.

"Y/N," Keys sighed as he joined me in the kitchen. "I'm sorry, but you know I have to do this. I have to get it done."

"Save it," I cut him off. "I've heard it all before; Just one more line of code. Just ten more minutes. I'm almost done, Y/N, I swear. Warm up the food. I'll be there in a minute. I can't do this anymore, Keys."

I mumbled that last part. I looked up at him to see him studying me.

"Y/N. . ." He started.

"Maybe I should go," I sighed. "There's no point in me being here. Especially if you are going to ignore me and go back to coding."

I left the kitchen, ignoring the sound of Keys running after me. I reached the front door before he grabbed my hand and stopped me. He grabbed my hand and turned me toward him.

"Please don't leave," he begged. Keys looked down at my hand in his and quickly let it go. "What can I do to make this better?"

"Take a break," I said instantly. "Eat dinner with me and watch a movie. Hang out like we usually do without the distraction of your code. I know coding is important to you, but you've been killing yourself for the game. You need to think about whether or not this is worth it."