Chapter 60: A Rematch

(Two days later)

(Earth-928)

Y/N's P.O.V

So, it's been two days since we saved the Spider-verse with help from Johnathon

We're all back at the Spider Society. Miguel is giving a speech to the other Spider's over comms.

I'm there along with Gwen and Peter.

Miguel: Y/N L/N saved the multiverse and that'll be remembered for as long as the Spider Society exists. He also reminded all of us of why we became heroes. To save lives and be better than we used to be.

He turns around to face us.

Peter: Hmm, not bad. Not as good as Y/N's speech, but not bad.

Miguel comes over to me.

Miguel: You're strong, Y/N L/N. You're also rash, reckless, stubborn, opinionated. 

Pete looks at O'Hera.

Peter: Reminds me of another Spider I know.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Pete's got a point. Just give me a dose of anger management issues and basically you.

He chuckles.

Y/N: Oh my god. I actually got him to laugh, so he isn't a robot.

Gwen and Pete laugh.

Miguel: I'm sorry, Y/N. I was wrong about everything. You deserve to be here. You belong here with us.

Y/N: Thanks, Miguel. I'm not gonna apologise for knocking your ass out, cause you kinda deserved it and it felt good.

He nods.

Miguel: That's fair. Come here, I wanna show you something.

We go into the command centre.

Miguel: Yesterday, Lyla and I did a scan of things to see more about these Colliders casuing dimensional problems and we found this. Show 'em, Lyla.

Lyla: On it.

She brings up the events that happened between Johnathon and I.

Miguel: It turns out you were supposed to be there to help Johnathon. It was meant to be you. Lyla and I ran simulations of what would've happened had you not been there.

Gwen: And what'd you find?

Miguel: Well, all the simulations told us that if Y/N hadn't of been there to help Johnathon it would've have ended in the destruction of the multiverse as we know it.

Y/N: So, what does that mean?

Miguel: We're not sure. You may be an anomaly, Y/N, but you're definitely not a mistake.

He steps forward.

Miguel: You know, when Peter told me about you, he told me that he believed that spider chose you and I thought it was all bullshit. But after seeing you do what you did, I realise now he was right.

Peter: Thank you.

Miguel: You are Spider-Man, Y/N. You're a better Spider-Man than most of us, including myself could ever hope to be.

I smile.

Y/N: Thanks, Miguel.

He sighs.

Miguel: That's why I know I'm leaving the Spider Society in good hands.

Peter: What does that mean?

Miguel: It means I'm leaving. I'm making Y/N the new leader of the Spider Society.