Chapter 35: Getting Help

(Wakanda)

Y/N's P.O.V

After the fight in Siberia Tony and Natasha took Zemo to Berlin to put him in jail.

The rest of mine and Cap's team have been released in return.

Tony showed Ross the evidence, so Bucky has been cleared of all charges when it comes to the UN bombing.

Stark is gonna talk to Ross about the Sokovia Accords and get scrapped.

I guess he now understands that the Accords shouldn't control the Avengers.

Anyway, right now Steve, T'challa and I have taken Bucky to Wakanda.

T'challa offered to help him get the Winter Soldier programming removed.

I'm sat with Bucky when Steve comes over.

Steve: Are you sure about this?

He looks up at Cap.

Bucky: I can't trust my own mind. So, until they can find a way to get this shit out of my head I think going back under is the best thing. For everyone.

Y/N: Well, I gave some ideas for a new arm to T'challa. He'll give it to his sister. So you'll have a new arm for when you're ready.

Bucky looks at me and smiles.

Bucky: Thanks, Y/N. You're a good kid, thanks for helping me. Do me a favor and look out for this guy for me.

I smirk.

Y/N: You got it, but he won't make it easy.

He chuckles.

Bucky: I know, that's why I'm asking you.

After that the Wakandan techs put Bucky in the cryo chamber and he goes back into cryo sleep, at least for now.

Third person perspective

Once Barnes is in stasis, Steve leaves the lab and looks out of a nearby window.

A moment later he's joined by T'challa.

Steve: Thank you for doing this.

He looks at Rogers.

T'challa: Your friend and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace.

Steve: If they find out he's here, they'll come for him.

The soon-to-be King steps forward and looks at the panther statue outside.

T'challa: Let them try.

(The next day)

(Queens, New York)

Y/N's P.O.V

Right now I'm back at Harry's place with him.

He and I are playing video games in our dorm room.

Harry: So, what's going on with Accords?

Y/N: Well, Tony is in meetings with Ross and if all goes according to plan the Sokovia Accords will be scrapped.

Harry: That's good.

Y/N: Yeah, we'll be free agents again.

Just then I get an alert on my phone.

Y/N: Ah, shit. Got a robbery two blocks from here.

Harry: Okay. I'm your eyes and ears. Good luck.

Y/N: Thanks.

I change out of my clothes and into my suit.

After that I dive out of the open window.

I swing to the bank and see someone fighting the robbers inside.

Y/N: What the hell?

I web zip into the bank and see Scarlet Spider fighting the robbers.

He turns to see me.

Silk: Hey, Spider-Man.

I see a robber is about to shoot him.

Y/N: Watch out!

I jump forward and spring off my hands to make it over Silk's head and I kick the robber in the face.

Scarlet Spider: Thanks.

He and I work together to take down the rest robbers.

After that we hear police sirens.

The cops burst through the doors.

Cop: Spider-Man and a new guy, that's new. Well, thanks for the help you two.

Y/N: You're welcome.

Scarlet Spider: I'm the Scarlet Spider, by the way.

Cop: Okay. Understood.

I look to her.

Y/N: We should get going.

Scarlet Spider: Good idea.

He and I web zip out of the bank.

We land down on a nearby rooftop.

Y/N: So, is there not enough crime in San Francisco to keep you occupied, Scarlet?

Scarlet Spider: Well, I was in New York and I wanted to come by to see how Spider-Man does it. I'm impressed. You've got mad skills.

I smirk.

Y/N: Thanks. I do my best.

Scarlet Spider: Plus, I wanna share something with you. My real identity. I figure as we're both Spider's it'd be okay.

He pulls off his mask to show me her his face.

Scarlet Spider: Hi

Scarlet Spider: Hi. My name is Ben Reilly. I was bitten by a radioactive spider and for the past three months I've been the hero of San Francisco.

I take off my mask.

He showed me his face, it's only fair I show him mine.

Y/N: Hi. My name is Y/N L/N. I was bitten by a radioactive spider and I'm New York's one and only Spider-Man.

He and I shake hands.

Ben: Nice to meet you, Y/N.

Y/N: You too, Ben.

Well, it's cool to know that there's another Spider protecting the world.

(A/N: That's it for the Captain America Civil War arc. Next up is Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse. I hope you'll enjoy it.)