Chapter 47: Going Home

Y/N's P.O.V

I've made it back to the Spider Society.

I need to get to the Go Home Machine and get back to my Earth.

I can't believe Gwen and Peter lied to me. They knew everything and they lied to me.

My spider sense goes off.

So, I quickly turn and fire webbing that sticks Gwen to the wall.

Y/N: What part of "Don't follow me" was unclear to you?

Gwen: Y/N, please. Let me just...

Y/N: No! I don't need to hear anymore of your lies. I'm sick of it.

Gwen: I'm so sorry I lied. I didn't want to. I...

Y/N: It doesn't whether you wanted to or not, you still did it.

I try to fight back the tears.

Y/N: You know, you are the only person who I thought would never lie to me. Looks like I was wrong.

Gwen: Y/N, this is just the way things are. You can't change it.

I shake my head.

Y/N: Wow. I gotta say, I didn't know that the Spider Society worked in the area Coercive Persuasion.

Gwen: I'm not brainwashed.

Y/N: Well, you could've fooled me! You think you're being a hero, but you're not. You're just a coward.

Gwen: What?

Y/N: You heard me. You stay here because you're too afraid to face your father. You're afraid if you do something wrong O'Hara will kick you out. The Gwen Stacy I knew wasn't afraid of anything. She was brave. You're not her.

Gwen: Y/N, please. I... I'm sorry.

Y/N: Sorry isn't gonna cut it.

I feel tears roll down my face.

Y/N: You know, when you came back into my life. I thought maybe we could finally be together, but you don't care about me.

Gwen: Yes, I do!

Y/N: No, you don't! Cause if you did you would've told me the truth, but you didn't. If you wanna stay here, keep being a coward and following O'Hara like the other sheep, then that's on you. I'm not gonna join you. So, I'm gonna make this clear.

I step forward.

Y/N: Whatever there was between us, whatever it could've been, that's over. We're done.

Gwen: Y/N, no.

I can see the tears in her eyes.

Y/N: I don't ever wanna see you on my Earth and I don't ever wanna see your face again.

I turn away.

Gwen: Y/N, please. I can't lose you. You're all I have left.

Y/N: You should've thought of that earlier before you lied to my face.

I run off.

I need to get back home.

(Ten minutes later)

I make it to the room with the Go Home Machine in it.

I use the shadows to sneak around Margo. I didn't think she'd be here.

I manage to distract her and get to the machine.

Y/N: (Whispers) Come on, come on.

I manage to get locked in on my Earth.