[ 10 ] LINES (PREVIEW)

PREVIEW [ FULL CHAPTER AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON NOW ] will be updated in a few weeks! EARLY MAY 2024

[ 10 ] LINES

MATTEO

"Yes, thank you! We will definitely keep in touch and I will let Mr. Wilson know that you called to set up a brunch meeting soon." I heard Todd's executive assistant, Lea, speak over the phone once I stepped off the elevator past the receptionist downstairs who sent me up.

I was told that Todd had just come back into the office this week and he was busy catching up with all of the work he missed.

"Yes, yes. That sounds amazing. Enjoy the rest of your day, Ms. Carmichael." His assistant said with a warm smile to whom she was speaking to over the phone. After ending the call, she hung up the telephone and placed it back in it's original place and checked something off the calendar booklet that was laid on her desk.

She looked up after hearing the sound of my feet and smiled to me warmly.

His assistant was a very colorful and vibrant woman. She wore bright cherry earrings, a headband over her blond shoulder length curls and her dress matched her earrings with a decorated pattern design of cherries. With a blazer covering her upper half, her appearance was definitely interesting and unique.

"Mr. Wittstock! It's so lovely to see you again. You're here for...let me check the time." She opened up something on her computer monitor and her eyes searched back and forth.

"I spoke to Todd. I won't be long but he should know that we were to meet today." I told her, sure that I had spoke to him to ensure that he opened a slot for me today.

She nodded. "You definitely are correct. His schedule has been so hectic since his return but I did get the memo to add you into his schedule book for today. You are a little early so I will check in with him to see if he is wrapping up on his call or if he will need more time." She informed me. "In the meantime, you can have a seat here and I'll have Nomi bring you refreshments." She clicked her head piece. "Nomi, Mr. Wittstock is here. Please bring out refreshments for him."

I agreed with a firm head nod and stepped on the smooth marble tile flooring to the waiting area near her circular desk. While the building was majority glass, Todd's office was surrounded by black glass wall panels and his blinds were fully down. I sat in their waiting area where there were a few couches set up, a coffee table and decorative paintings hung near plants and a huge fish tank.

An asian-descent woman, who I remembered to be Nomi, was the office assistant who always made her rounds for coffee runs or other refreshments.

While Todd's assistant took a turn around the corner to check in on Todd's office, Nomi came around with a tray of drinks and a few protein bars.

"Mr. Wittstock, we have a new champagne Mr. Wilson added to our stock. Would you like to try that?" Nomi greeted me with a smile.

She was a very petite woman with long dark hair and a bright smile.

I greeted her. "Anything is fine, Nomi. How are the kids?" I questioned curiously, remembering that she'd told me she was thankful to receive the job here as now she was able to save up money for her two children's college fund.

I grabbed the champagne drink that she poured out for me, knowing it would have little to no affect on me and I only wanted to taste the fizz and a few assorted crackers with sliced meat and cubed cheese.

PREVIEW [ FULL CHAPTER AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON NOW ] will be updated in a few weeks! EARLY MAY 2024