[ 03 ] QUESTIONS

leave your predictions on this story below!

[ 03 ] QUESTIONS

TOSHA

"Three!" Our gathered guests wore expressions of excitement and interest as their eyes were laser-focused on the gender-reveal confetti and smoke bomb that both Matteo and I held. KC thought it would be a great idea while Vinny wanted to do fireworks instead.

Yet, since I didn't want to go through the majority of the hassle, I allowed Vinny to search for fountain sparkler. So while Matteo and I were holding our smoke bombs, a few guys that Vinny invited were behind us with the fireworks prepared to surprise the guests. We all stood away from the pool area, and our guests were either past their tipsy point or were overly excited to finally know our baby's gender.

"Two!" We all shouted simultaneously, and I looked into the crowd of people. Even if I didn't recognize all the faces, the faces that were familiar to me mattered and really touched my heart that they were here, right now supporting Matteo and I. While we opted to have a small wedding, this moment for our gender reveal felt specifically elevating and communal.

Matteo and I looked at one another and his lips were plastered up in a smile, the biggest smile I've seen him wear all night. He appeared ecstatic to have a new life brought into this world and I felt the same but all of the joy and excitement, also came with a lot of fear.

"One!'

But all that fear couldn't stop what was destined to take place.

The fountain sparklers were ignited behind us and I twisted the cylinder in my hand with Matteo and to our surprise and much to our guests, blue powder, glitter and confetti flew into the air above us, and the shouts from the crowd completely blurred out my vision.

Matteo's hollering mixed in with Vinny's, Keith's, Mr. Wittstock's as well as some of Matteo's teammates, his past one, Emilio included. While the men bounced around in joy, I was swept into a bundle of embraces as congratulations surrounded me. Camera lights flashed continually in my face from every angle.

The only thing I could see was the blue smoke and reality settled in slowly.

Blue...

A baby boy...

Oh, my gosh!

"Tosha! The baby is a boy! The baby is a boy!" A voice said!

"You owe me that $100! I knew it was a boy! And you're supposed to be a nurse, pcht!" Someone in the crowd said to Niecy.

I cleared the fog from my glasses and spoke out. "I know for a fact you guys didn't bet money on my baby!" I shouted out jokingly.

The guy that I recognized to be one of Matteo's teammates smirked at me and shook his head. "Nah, Tosha, it was just a friendly bet. Nothing too serious. Nurse Niecy, as I'm now calling her, was going on and on about how your stomach looked. She swore up and down that it was a baby girl." He chuckled in Niecy's face, and she rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, you're a professional football player. You don't even need my $100 honestly."

He grinned. "It's all about the principle."

Emilio pushed his way in the middle of the two, his eyes wandering between what was currently taking place about this random bet.

Meanwhile, I felt Matteo's arm surround me as more congratulations came from the crowd.