[ 09 ] VILLAGE (PREVIEW)

PREVIEW [ FULL CHAPTER AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON NOW ] will be updated in a few weeks! EARLY APRIL 2024

[ 09 ] VILLAGE

TOSHA

Vinny grunted as he set down the last box from the downstairs closet. "My goodness. I didn't realize you got this many gifts. Did people not get the memo that it was a gender reveal, not a baby shower?" He groaned out, rubbing the small of his back as he leaned over one of the other larger boxes that were leaning against the wall.

I chuckled at his stressed posture but touched his shoulder for comfort. "Thank you for helping us, Vin. Lori and I wouldn't have been able to carry all that stuff on our on, especially not me with this big belly." I told him.

"Yeah, yeah. You know you have this pregnancy excuse for a few more months so milk the special treatment for as long as possible."

I hit his elbow and he flinched. "Ow, Tosha, I told you I was sore from the gym earlier."

"Whatever, you know I love you. Now, go. Don't you have to get to a meeting or something? Get outta here," I told him.

He shook his hair and fixed his dress shirt, to ensure there were not any wrinkles. "I'm coming home for dinner so I would really appreciate it if you would set me up a plate. Last time you forgot about me."

"I never know your schedule, Vinny. But I got you. I'll make you a plate tonight."

"Alright, bye, Lori. Will I see you later on for dinner?" He stuck his head into the nursery where Lori was opening gifts and trying to organize the closet to best suit me.

"Oh, um..." Lori looked up at us and pushed her glasses up her nose. "I...I have a thing already...so...um...I won't be able to,"

"She's booked and busy, Vinny."

"Alright, alright." He lifted his hands up, defenseless. "It doesn't hurt to ask. But I got you. I'll see you tonight." He kissed my cheek and hugged my side before dipping out of the room and making his way down the stairs.

I heard a bit of shuffling downstairs before I heard the front door shut.

I sighed and pulled the floor cushion that Vinny had brought up for me and leaned down to prepare myself to sit down carefully on it.

Lori watched me intently to make sure I was secure and comfortable, knowing that I would definitely need assistance once it was time for me to get up.

"You don't have anything to do tonight, huh? You're just too nervous to be around them?" I questioned Lori once I was comfortable in my position. 

She removed her glasses and palmed her face. "I mean, do you blame me? They're so intimidating. Like the entire family just carries this strong presence about them. I still can't believe I work for the Wittstocks. My parents would read about different developments that were being built in the newspapers and stuff and they were all Wittstock properties. I'm grateful to work for you but it's still so surreal to say the least." She expressed to me.

I nodded and grabbed a box and began pulling the wrapping off and cutting pieces with scissors that had tape around it. "I mean, I get it. I think they just think you don't like them because you avoid them."

"Oh, my gosh! That's the last thing I want them to think. I'm just too awkward for social interactions. I work best in the background." Lori confessed.

I chuckled and revealed what was in the wrapping. "I know. I try to tell them to leave you alone but they're so adamant about you liking them so I hardly ever think they will stop." 

PREVIEW [ FULL CHAPTER AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON NOW ] will be updated in a few weeks! EARLY APRIL 2024