[ 06 ] NOT THE PLACE

MATTEO

The hostess smiled at me as she perked up from the host stand and grabbed a bar menu.

"Mr. Wittstock! It's so good to see you! I saw pictures from the baby shower. I wanted to say congratulations!" The hostess said.

"Thank you...Sherry? Right?" I asked.

She grinned deeper, surprised that I remembered her name.

I would stop by whenever I got the chance to check things out, bother my wife if she was working on a new item or if I just wanted a drink and a quick bite to eat.

After the commercial shoot, I made it my mission to rush to call Tosha on my cell but got her voicemail multiple times. I knew that she was working on a new menu for the restaurant and didn't waste any time getting my things and making my way over to Kaila's Kitchen. I snuck out under Brigette's eyesight, thankful that she was busy yelling on a call.

I knew there were things that would definitely need to get handled to smooth out her behaviour but that would have to wait for another day. My main focus right now was getting to my wife and making sure she was alright.

"Right. The bar is open. I will let the kitchen know that you're here." Sherry said as she turned to lead us to the bar but I stopped her.

"Actually Sherry," I interjected. "I was actually looking for my wife. I know she's working on the new menu. Is she still here?"

Sherry turned to face me again and nodded. "Yeah, she's been here before we opened. Um...she's not in the main kitchen. She's in the private kitchen in the back. Let me show you."

The sound of the front door opened and a family walked in. I immediately stepped to the side while they eyed me in curiosity.

As I could see that it was still early afternoon and Sherry was the only one at the host stand, I decided to let her take care of the guests and I'd search for Tosha on my own.

"It's alright. I remember where it is. I think I can make my way there alright." I told her truthfully, leaving before she got a chance to say anything back.

There were a few tables, some families and other small parties of couples. They looked satisfied and to be enjoying so far so that made me smile but I didn't stick around too long to draw any attention to myself, not sure if someone would recognize me and deter me from finding my wife.

I finally made it to the double doors of the private kitchen on the other side of the restaurant. The private kitchen was built for catering or private events during the regular restaurant hours. It was definitely more money and took more time during the renovation but it was definitely worth it.

It brought more money in for the restaurant and more parties wanted to host private events as we had the space and a seperate kitchen for it.

I could hear utensils tapping on glass and laughter coming from the kitchen.

I paused as I saw my wife through the circular window through the door standing next to a man who was spoon feeding her some sort of dessert. His eyes never left Tosha's lips as he guided the spoon into her mouth.

At first, Tosha seemed stunned at his actions but upon seeing the proximity of the spoon, she opened her mouth willingly. She leaned into the spoon, trusting this man to feed her.