Keeping Check

This should have been a continuation of the 'Mystery' part but for some reasons I forgot and skipped it.

Ji Woon's speedy pace resonated around the whole area as he jumped the stairs, not in the mood of taking slow steps. His eyes scan the room landing on Bitna who was squatted at a corner.

Muffled cries could be heard coming from her, her hand protectively curled her body.

"Bit-na" Ji Woon low-key called out rushing to her. 

His eyes were filled with worried seeing his best friend in psycho mode again. 

He crouched down to her level, his warm hands placed on her shoulder.

She slowly raised her head, her eyes landing on Ji Woon's. Her eyes were red as tears trickled down non-stop. 

"What happened? Why are you like this again?" Ji Woon asked worriedly. 

He has seen a much worst side of her but he never gets used to it. Seeing her like this always breaks his heart and if he was able to, he will fill all her bad memories with joyful ones.

"Are my not needed? Am I a burden to everyone I meet like how I am being a burden to you?"

"Yah Bitna, what's gotten into you? You are not a burden to me, your dad or anybody"

Bit-na chuckled, her head leaning back, "You are just saying this because you are my friend! My mom abandoned me because I was a burden and of no use to her. My dad needed another wife because I wasn't enough for him and I don't know, you might be seeing me as a burden you won't need in the future"

Ji Woon furrowed his brows shocked by what she said.

"BIT-NA" He whispered yelled.

She used her palms to wipe away her tears, breaking contact and standing on her feet.

"You don't have to stay because you feel sorry for me, you can stop being my friend. I will understand if you don't need me anymore and walk away, I am used to it and-" Her voice hitched as tears piled up again. "I try to be strong and see myself from a new limelight but why do I have a bad relationship with people?"

Ji Woon's eyes were brokenhearted, her present outburst made him recall back to their first meeting and that was the day when he realized that the brokenhearted exists in the world. 

"Bit-na" He called out standing up, his eyes not diverting elsewhere as he listened to her say things that doesn't make sense.

"YAH PARK BIT-NA" He yelled out pulling her out of that trance state.

He walked closer to her and held her shoulders tightly but not in a way it will hurt her.

"Listen to me, I don't know what is making you like this or who touched a key he shouldn't have but you have to pull yourself back up." He shook her up looking directly at her eyeballs. "It's me Ji Woon, your childhood friend and still your best friend. I am not going anywhere and I am not leaving you, we stick together for life. Your Dad needs you, your family needs you. The entire world needs a person like you, someone who has it all and knows what's best for her loved ones "

Bit-na blinked her eyes as those words starts sinking deep into her subconscious mind.

"Everyone around you is lucky to have you because you are a rare gem that comes once in a million years. Your mom made the mistake of losing someone like you, stop crying! I need my old Bit-na back" He slowly used his thumb to wipe off her tears.

​​​​​​She sniffled looking straight into his eyeballs, ​​​​​​"So you won't stop being my friend?"

"Why will I stop being your friend? I have a golden flower as a friend and you want me to let go, I am never letting go. We go through thick and thin together ok?"

Bit-na folded her lips quickly nodding her head.

"So smile for me, I raced all the way here and no holy touch from you. Aww, that hurts" He gripped his heart faking his poor display of heartbreak.

Bit-na couldn't hold out any more as she gave in and laughed.

"You were the one that came running"

"You called me and the first thing that hit my ear was you crying and you tell me not to run. If I could fly I will long do it" He smiled standing up straight.

"Do you love me that much?" Bit-na asked walking over to the other side and sat.

"I love you more than anything and it breaks me to see you like this"

"Sorry I got you worried and you even missed school because of me. I feel like a bad friend"

Ji Woon chuckled sitting beside her, "isn't that a good thing? It is now a day off for the both of us and you know what that means, ready to go have some fun"

Bit-na smiled loving the idea of fun;

"I love that"

"So where do you want to go? Today is dedicated solely to you and I am at your service, mention anything and I will get it done" 

​​​​​Bit-na chuckled not knowing If she should laugh or what? 

"What about we go to your house? It's been long since I have been there and the distance doesn't help with anything "

"Ok! My house it is. Come on let's go and have some fun, we haven't done it in a  long time "

He stood up dragging her up with him. He helped her dust off her uniform.

"Thank you" She whispered.

"For what?"

"For everything" 

Ji Woon smiled shaking it off, "Just don't be like that again, you have nothing to doubt and we are all here anytime, ok?"

She nodded with a smile.

"Come on let's go now I bet you are tired and hungry from all those crying"

At the mention of food her stomach rumbled, "My tummy is already giving off a signal"

"Let's go and get something to eat"

He held his hand leading the way. 

I wanted to write something emotional and touching that showed the friends' bond. Hope you like it.

Dessykimmy