35

The next few days flew by for Caitlyn. She had been working furiously on her job idea and had sent it out to a couple of people hoping someone would take her up on her proposal. Lando and her had text and called several times a day and he was flying back home the next morning. Caitlyn had tidied up the house and gone out to get some food shopping so there was plenty food to cook when Lando got back. She was putting the last few things away in the fridge when her laptop notified her she had an email

from: MclarenPR, Mclarenmarketingteammb

to: CMOM99.hotmail.com

Subject: Proposal

Dear Ms O'Malley,

Thank you for reaching out regarding your idea. We have discussed this as a team and would like to invite you down to McLaren Technology Centre to discuss further.

Would you be available to attend tomorrow morning at 9am?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Mclaren F1 Racing Team

Caitlyn let out a huge squeal before replying that she would be there for the meeting. She might not be home for Lando returning but she was so passionate about this idea, she couldn't let this chance go. The next morning she dressed in the orange dress she had worn out for the date with Lando, packed her laptop in her bag and checked her hair one last time in the mirror. She grabbed her journal and left a note for Lando to get on his return; she hadn't told him about this job opportunity as she wanted to see how the meeting went first.

Baby,

Sorry I am not there for you getting home but something very exciting is potentially happening. I will fill you in on everything when I get home. 

C x 

Lando returned home later that morning and was intrigued by Caitlyn's message. He threw the notebook down on the couch and headed for the shower. Once dressed into some comfy sweats and a hoodie, he grabbed a drink and sat down to watch some tv. It was then he noticed the notebook had fallen open on another page, a letter to him. He read her beautiful words over a few times before grabbing a pen and responding. It made him smile to be replying to her, just like he had all those months ago, not knowing then that Caitlyn would become the most important thing in his life.

Dear Lando,

It has been some time since I've written anything down for you and I'm not even sure I will even let you see this but after today, it just felt right. Today was a rollercoaster of emotions, starting in your arms. The place I feel most content and safe, probably for the first time in my life. You have no idea what you have done for me over the time I have known you, and more so since my mum died. You have shown me what a family is truly like, with your family but also as our own little family of three (you, me and Max 😂). You have given me a home when I had nothing but most off all, you have shown me what it is like to be loved. I don't know if that's how you actually feel, but to me it is everything, and for that I want to thank you.

What can I say about this afternoon? It started off as one of the worst moments for me, almost passing out or having a panic attack (if that's even what it was) but once again my knight in shining armour was there for me, then you climb into the car and perform like that? How do you do it? How are you so brave and focussed and so bloody amazing???? I am in awe of you

I guess there is a new chapter in my life that I will be getting used to, since we accidently kissed on the global stage but I know I will be able to navigate it with you by my side. I am ready to jump in with both feet.

I am eternally grateful for you and today made me the proudest person in the world.

Always yours,

Caitlyn xx

Caitlyn,

My sunshine, my princess, my love. Thank you for writing these feelings down for me. I promise I didn't go snooping, I noticed your letter to me by accident 😘

You will always have a home with me and my family (and Max!!) You coming into my life is the best thing that has happened to me, and it is a privilege to be sharing life with you. You have not had the easiest of times but that only makes me prouder of you. You still seem to travel through all the tough times with love and passion.

Me, brave? I wouldn't say that. Driving at the speeds I do scares the life out of me but it also fuels the fire more and more every time I get into the cockpit. I'm blushing even reading that you are in awe of me, all I do is drive round funny shaped tracks really fast, its not that impressive in the grand scheme of life.

If you are really and truly ready, I am willing to jump in with you. I want to share with the world how special you are and how you make me feel because I want to scream it from the roof tops.....

I FUCKING LOVE YOU CAITLYN MAE O'MALLEY

Forever yours,

Lando xx