12

Lando had flown out for his race in Zandvoort and was busy preparing for media day. Oscar knocked on his room door to see if he was ready to travel to the track.

O- Who are you messaging?

L- Nobody, why?

O- Oh its definitely someone, the smile on your face gives you away

L- I don't know what you're talking about

Lando quickly messaged Caitlyn and put his phone away. He didn't want any more questions from Oscar.

Lando- Morning! I am heading to the track for media day. Have a good day whatever you get up to x

Meanwhile, Caitlyn was packing her bag to go off exploring on the bike she had rented. It had been her plan to go yesterday afternoon but after Lando revealing his true identity to her, she had taken a rain check. She heard her phone ping but didn't check it as she wanted to leave. She spent her day exploring the countryside around Amsterdam, taking lots of pictures of the landscape and beautiful fields. She even found a sunflower field and snapped a selfie. She had taken some snacks, so pulled up beside a tree and sat down to eat. She realised as she was eating that she hadn't check her message from earlier, and when she saw it was from Lando she found herself grinning at her phone.

Caitlyn- Media day sounds dull 😂I decided to go out and explore the countryside today. I've just stopped for something to eat then I'm heading back to the hotel. Think I will be pretty tired after all this cycling. Have a good day x

Caitlyn- Here is my favourite photo from today 🌷

The first part of media duties were done and Lando had a bit of a gap until the drivers press conference so he was grabbing some lunch with George, Carlos, Oscar, Max and Charles

The first part of media duties were done and Lando had a bit of a gap until the drivers press conference so he was grabbing some lunch with George, Carlos, Oscar, Max and Charles. Unaware to him, he was smiling like a kid at his phone again. The others were watching, laughing at him as he quickly typed something.

O- See, this is what I was meaning earlier. He is definitely messaging a girl.

Before Lando could do anything about it, George grabbed the phone from his hand and read the last few messages.

G- Who is Caitlyn?

L- George give me my phone back now!!

G- Aww is little Lando in love? Seriously, who is she?

L- She is just a friend from home.

G- If she is a friend from home, why is she also in Netherlands?

M- Let me see the photo. I know where that is, she is near Amsterdam. Are you going to see her?

L- No I am not. She is here because she is travelling for a few months, now give me my phone back.

He snatched the phone and walked off, annoyed that the boys had found out about Caitlyn. But Max had got him thinking, maybe he could drive to Amsterdam to see her tonight after the conference. He checked and it would only take him 40 minutes. He was thinking about it for the rest of the afternoon and was completely distracted in the press conference, much to the annoyance of Charlotte, his PO. When he was finally done for the day, he hurried back to the hotel and showered before phoning Caitlyn.

L- Hey! how was your day?

C- Good thanks, how was all the media stuff?

L- Boring! So....I was wondering if you would be comfortable meeting me for dinner? I mean I would drive into the city to meet you

C- I'm not sure Lando. I am pretty tired and I don't know if I would be comfortable being photographed or anything

L- Yeah, I get it. I also think I would get in major trouble if I was papped in the city when I am meant to be in race prep mode. Well I better go just now, I'll speak to you soon.

C- bye Lando.

Caitlyn hung up the phone but felt sad. She actually liked the idea of meeting the face behind all the conversations and without thinking messaged Lando before throwing her phone down in a panic.

Caitlyn- So I know I said no to going out for dinner but if you wanted to grab food, you could always come to my hotel room and we could watch a film?

Lando- If you're sure, I would really like that. I can be into the city by 7:30pm. I'll grab dinner and let you know when I'm near.

Immediately Caitlyn started to panic tidy her room, not that it was a mess but she didn't want him seeing her underwear or pj's that were lying on the bathroom floor. She brushed her hair and threw on some comfortable clothes then sat in front of her laptop to type up some blog work before Lando was due. She took a selfie and sent it to Michelle to make sure she looked okay. Meanwhile Lando posted a picture on his Instagram with the caption "casual Thursday night"

 Meanwhile Lando posted a picture on his Instagram with the caption "casual Thursday night"