32

The pair woke up still tangled in each others arms, the smiles still plastered across their faces. They wanted to stay in their bubble all day but Lando had promised to meet his team at breakfast.

L- Babe, I need to get up. The team are having breakfast together before we all head off on summer break.

C- Oh 5 more minutes please???

L- I'll make you a deal. 5 more minutes cuddling then you come to breakfast with me?

C- Really? I am not in your team though

L- You are not in the McLaren team but you're in my team so that means you're invited

C- Well I guess I can't say no then, can I?

They cuddled for a few more minutes before they really had to get a move on. After getting dressed, they drove to the MTC. As they walked through the doors of the cafeteria, hundreds of people started cheering, with streamers going off around them. It was a surprise celebration of Lando's win and Oscar getting P3 at their home race. Lando blushed at all the fuss, as Caitlyn stood back from him, allowing the spotlight to be all on him. After a few thank you's and a bear hug from Zak, Lando grabbed Caitlyn's hand and pulled her forward into the crowd with him. Normally she would be nervous around all the new people but she was so proud of him, that she just grinned, squeezing his hand in reassurance.

After filling themselves up with delicious food, Lando took Caitlyn's hand and guided her out of the large cafe. They walked along the open area looking at all the previous race winning cars, him occasionally pointing out specific ones before he guided her up some stairs and along a walkway that bridged the area below. They stopped half way and looked out over the lake that was in front of the MTC.

L- I love this view, especially at this time of day. The sun reflects across the water and lights up this whole area.

C- Its beautiful

L- And so are you. I brought you hear, to my favourite place because I wanted to ask you something. Since I first started talking to you through your book, all those months go, you have changed me Caitlyn. You have changed me for the best. You have helped me see the world outside of racing and how lucky I really am. I want to thank you for that.

Caitlyn's cheeks flushed the brightest red. Never in her life had anyone spoke to her the way Lando did, nor make her feel the way he did

L- So Caitlyn Mae O'Malley, will you be my girlfriend?

(after a short silence)

C- Yes Lando Norris, I would love to be your girlfriend

The two young adults grinned at each other like idiots before he leant in, kissing her lips. His arm snaked around her lower back, pulling her body into his. The sun beaming in through the windows making her hair shine like glowing coals. She smiled against his lips as their kiss was interrupted by cheers and whistling below. As they looked down, most of Lando's team had been watching the interaction, happy that he had finally plucked up the courage to ask her. They, of course, all knew about his feelings as he constantly spoke about her or was asking for advice from the older members of the team.

They said their goodbyes to everyone, wishing them all a good summer break and pulled away from the MTC for the last time for a few weeks. 

*** Sorry for the short chapter, I am trying to decide where to take this story so this is just a filler😊 ***