6

It had been a few days since Caitlyn had received an email from Bob and her heart sunk a little more every time she checked her account and there was nothing new in her inbox. She only had today (Wednesday) and tomorrow then she would be finished at college. She had filled her time looking at places to travel to but had yet to commit to anything. She only knew her first stop which was Amsterdam. She had booked that a few weeks ago and was flying out on Monday night.

Over her lunch break she filled Michelle in on the details of the conversation with Bob, without realising her face flushed every time she mentioned his name. Michelle laughed at her, causing her cheeks to go even more red.

M - its cute Caitlyn, don't be embarrassed. When are you going to email him again?

C - I don't think I will, I emailed him last so I will leave it at that. Maybe from what I told him, he has worked out who I am and doesn't want to talk anymore. I don't know Michelle, what do I do? I don't even know him but now all I can think about is his next email?

M - This is sweet, our little Caitlyn has a crush! I think I would as well if I had a mystery person messaging me. Listen, get the next few days out of the way and if he hasn't emailed by the weekend then I will help you.

C - Thanks Miche, what am I going to do when I am travelling without you?

The girls finished their lunch and went their separate ways for the afternoon classes. The weather was not great for May, so Caitlyn decided to go straight home after college rather than visiting the bench. She made some dinner and opened her laptop to do some final college work but thought she should check her emails first. And there it was, an email from Bob. She done a little happy dance in her seat before opening the mail.

to: CMOM99

from: orange_bob

Hey, sorry its been a few days I've been busy with work! I am now in Belgium

I think I am worthy but I will leave that up to you 😜

WOW English? You are smart then! I do have a great job, my dream career actually but it can be really lonely sometimes. I travel with other people but at the end of the day it usually ends with me in a hotel room in a foreign country. It makes me love Surrey more when I'm home.

So if you finish college soon, when are you heading off on your travels? You will have to tell me when you get your blog is up, I'd like to read it.

I feel like I know quite a lot about you now. I have decided your name is Carol btw lol!

Do you want to know anything else about me?

sent 4:40pm

to: Orange_bob

from: CMOM99

Hey!

Its okay, its not like I've been waiting for your email 😜

Belgium, that's cool. Did you come back to Surrey before you went there? I am leaving on Monday night for Amsterdam then who knows? I have not committed to anywhere else yet. I will wait and see what happens

My name is definitely not Carol 🤣

I get what you mean about being lonely, I live with my mum but she is never here so I practically live on my own. The house can be too quiet sometimes and cooking for one is no joke.

Hmm, what would I like to know? Have you always stayed in the village (I'm guessing you live somewhere near the bench?)

When is your birthday? I like to know what kind of personality you might have from your star sign

sent 5:37pm

to: CMOM00
from: orange_bob

okay that hurt! I live for your emails 😢

No, I flew straight from Italy to Belgium. I am here until Monday, then back to Surrey for a while. We can wave as our planes cross each other. Well I am just going to keep thinking your name is Carol for now
I do stay near the village, well not really. I stay about 5km from the bench (but I am not telling you in what direction. I don't want you to become a crazy stalker). I only moved there last year though, I am from Bristol originally. I didn't even know there was a book shop in the village either, I don't pay that much attention but I might visit it when I'm back. It will be safe since you're away travellingIs it just you and your mum?

My birthday in November 13th so I am a Scorpio, although I don't know what that would tell you about me.

ps. if we ever meet, you can cook for me. I am useless at cooking

sent 8:00pm

Still smiling from their conversation, Caitlyn climbed into bed and closed her eyes.