28

Caitlyn was glad she had agreed to go with Cisca, she was lovely and totally open with her without being hurtful like her mum can be...could be. Cisca collected her parcel and they walked around a few of the independent shops before she met one of her friends. They invited her to have a coffee with them but Caitlyn wanted to keep looking around the shops, so she agreed to meet up with them later. She found a small boutique type shop that sold clothes, jewellery and other little keep sakes. Caitlyn found a gorgeous necklace with a simple bumble bee pendant and decided to buy it. She didn't have many happy memories with her mum but something that she had always liked was that she called her "bumblebee". It was a perfect thing to remember her by.

After a little more window shopping, Caitlyn met back up with Cisca and they returned to the house. Lando was back from his run and sitting at the breakfast bar eating some brunch.

L- Hey! Did you have a nice time in the town?

C- Yes I did actually. I bought this (showing the necklace) in one of the shops. They had lots of lovely things. I don't think I ever told you that my mum used to call me Bumblebee when I was little.

L- That's a lovely way to remember her. 

Lando placed his arm around Caitlyn and pulled her into a hug before leaning his head on her shoulder. He finished eating his omelette then took a shower whilst Caitlyn sat in the garden. He reappeared a short while later holding the note from earlier that morning but quickly put it in his pocket when he saw her.

L- So we are going to have cake in a little while for Flo, then I need to head back to the house if that's okay with you? I have a meeting at the MTC pretty early tomorrow morning so it would be easier to go home today

C- Lando, you don't need to ask me. This is your family and it's your house that I am staying in. I will go wherever you need to be

That ended up sounding way deeper than Caitlyn meant but Lando just smiled and walked off. He had been thinking about her a lot, he wanted to be more  than just friends with her but he knew she was fragile after her mums death and he didn't want to push her away. After enjoying some cake with Lando's family, and his dad on facetime, the pair packed up the car and said their goodbyes

Cis- I meant what I said to you this morning, if you are important to Lando you are important to us so please contact me if you need anything darling

C- I will, thank you Cisca. And thank you for being so kind to me. I have really enjoyed spending time with you all. 

As they pulled out of the driveway and back onto the main road, the fatigue wave hit Caitlyn and she couldn't keep her eyes open. She smiled a genuine smile at the thoughts from the previous night before drifting into sleep. Next thing she knew, Lando was gently rubbing her shoulder. They were already back at his house, she instantly felt bad for not staying awake to keep him company but he didn't seem to mind. They unpacked the car and settled back into the house before Caitlyn excused herself to have a bath.

Max- Erm Caitlyn, there is a surprise waiting for you. Just follow the arrows 

Caitlyn done as she was told and followed the arrows up the stairs but when she got to the room she had been staying in, there was a big red cross on the door

Caitlyn done as she was told and followed the arrows up the stairs but when she got to the room she had been staying in, there was a big red cross on the door. She looked around and noticed there was another arrow pointing up the stairs to the third floor. As she got to the top step, she gasped. The room had been decorated for her. The walls an off white with wooden floors and a huge rug under the bed. It was perfect, everything about it was how she would have decorated herself. She ran and threw herself onto the bed before hearing chuckling from Max and Lando

L- So you like it?

C- Yes, yes yes. Its perfect. Thank you so much for doing this for me.

L- Well it wasn't me. Max sorted the decorators whilst we were away so you really should thank him

C- Thank you Max. You are both amazing!

The three of them had a group hug before the boys left to game and Caitlyn climbed into her bath, in her own bathroom. She lit some candles and played some music whilst relaxing in the bubbles. Meanwhile Max and Lando were setting up a game to stream downstairs.

M- So when are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend then?

L- I dunno man. I really like her but I am not sure if she feels that way about me.

M- You must be blind then because it is obvious to everyone else. I bet your mum and family would agree with me.

L- She has just lost everything in her life, I don't know if it would be fair of me to ask her to be my girlfriend then go off travelling for the second half of the season.

M- Mate, you need to speak to her. I'm sure, in fact I know, you are on the same page but both scared to spoil what ever this is that's going on. 

L- Since when did you get so sensible?

M- P has been good for me

They both laughed before starting their game. Lando had made up his mind that he would take her out on a proper date and see what happens from there. He would be able to tell if she liked him after that, wouldn't he?