14

It was now Saturday, qualifying day. Caitlyn and Lando had been messaging since they met up but he had prewarned her that he wouldn't be in touch much over the weekend as he liked to keep focussed on racing. Caitlyn totally appreciated that, and it made her like him more to know he had such passion for his job. She had never watched formula 1 before but found herself watching the session on the Saturday afternoon. She had to admit, it was pretty exciting and after quickly googling what the format was, she understood if Lando made it to Q3, he was doing well. In the end, he qualified P3 and after another google, she realised that was really, really good. She had promised herself she wouldn't message him but after his result, she couldn't stop herself.

Caitlyn- OMG!! Well done, that was amazing 🤩 

Lando- Thank you darling, I am so happy! 😘 I have a meeting with the team to discuss strategy tonight but I will try to phone later.

Caitlyn- Don't phone Lando, you need to stay focussed. I will be watching tomorrow

After watching Lando driving so well, she found herself walking down the street with a massive smile on her face. Walking around Amsterdam in the evening was different, it felt magical. Or maybe that was just because of her good mood. Caitlyn took many more photos before going back to her hotel. She wanted to finish writing the last part of her travel blog on the city so she could spend the Sunday afternoon watching Lando race.

 She wanted to finish writing the last part of her travel blog on the city so she could spend the Sunday afternoon watching Lando race

Caitlyn had gone to a small cafe for brunch and was now sitting on her bed, ready to watch the race. The camera's followed some of the drivers as they got prepared and headed to some fancy cars for a parade before the actual race started. She was scrolling on her phone, when she heard a commentator mention Lando's name, and there he was. Looking relaxed, laughing with another guy wearing orange so she guessed it was his team mate. He was wearing a Mclaren tshirt and black jeans with his baseball cap on backwards and he looked extremely handsome. As the parade was ending, she sent him a message, knowing he would not see it until after the race.

Caitlyn- Good Luck! Drive safe x

and then to her surprise she saw the dots at the bottom of the screen move, he was replying. 

Lando- Thanks darling, I'll do my best for you x

Caitlyn had totally lost track of what was happening during the race

Caitlyn had totally lost track of what was happening during the race. Lando had gone from P3 to P9 after changing his tyres but going by the commentators words, that was a good thing. She didn't quite understand how it could be good but as the race went on and more drivers went into the pits, she could see his name climb back up the leader board. "And it turns out the strategy from Mclaren to pit early, has paid off as Norris is up to P2 with 5 laps left" Caitlyn was now sitting on the edge of her bed, willing the laps to pass quicker, when she heard the words "Max Verstappen wins the Dutch Grand Prix followed by Lando Norris in second. An impressive drive from the young British driver." Caitlyn let out a squeal, clapping her hands. A month ago, this man was a stranger to her and now she was crying happy tears watching him race.  Instantly she sent him a message, thinking that it was all over but when she saw him emerge from his car and run towards his team, the tears came again. He loved his job and he loved all the people he worked with. She watched the podium ceremony and the smile on his face, the twinkling in his eyes, she fell head over heels, completely in love. 

Caitlyn- That was amazing Lando! You should be so proud of yourself. I actually cried happy tears x

Caitlyn- Also, I don't know if you realised you left this but I wore it today to watch you x

Lando- Thank you Caitlyn, it was one of my best drives. Maybe you wearing my hoodie brought me good luck 😍. Get dressed up into something nice, I'm coming to take you out to dinner tonight x