15

A few hours later, Caitlyn looked at herself in the mirror one last time before Lando arrived. She felt beautiful. She hadn't taken many fancy clothes travelling, she hadn't expected to being going out for dinner with a formula 1 driver. The only dress she had brought was a burnt orange lace midi dress, which she paired with some strappy black sandals. She had curled her hair a little and let it fall over her shoulders. She had a meltdown earlier and had facetimed Michelle for some reassurance but now she was just excited to see Lando.

 She had a meltdown earlier and had facetimed Michelle for some reassurance but now she was just excited to see Lando

A knock at her door brought her back to focus

A knock at her door brought her back to focus. She opened the door to see Lando standing in front of her, looking incredible. He had a white tshirt on with a beige jacket over it and black jeans.

C- Hey! well done today, that was a great race

L- You look beautiful Caitlyn! and thank you

He leaned forward and gave Caitlyn a kiss on her cheek, leaving her skin tingling and flushing with his touch. They left the hotel and walked through the near by Dam Square to a small restaurant in the corner. It was pretty with fairy lights decorating the pillars and parasols outside. Inside was small, it felt like a secret place in the middle of the city. The room was full of diners but nobody paid attention to them as they were seated in the corner booth. They sat next to each other discussing their weekend and Caitlyn telling him more about her love of words and poems. They ordered their meals and Lando gazed at her as she came alive talking about her passion. As their food arrived, she became aware she had been talking a lot and quickly stopped, embarrassed at getting carried away. Caitlyn felt more nervous tonight than she had when Lando was lying next to her in bed a few nights ago, and when she felt nervous she would talk about things she loved to try and ease the awkwardness. She could feel him close to her, the scent of his aftershave heightening her senses. 

Lando was also very nervous, Caitlyn was the most beautiful woman he had seen but he wasn't sure what was happening between them. They had been strangers not that long ago but he was desperate for it to be more. Her eyes drew him in, her smile lighting up the room. He had thought about her non stop since he had visited her hotel room and then when she sent him the picture of her wearing his hoodie, he fell for her. But Caitlyn was shy, she seemed so delicate and he was worried if he made any move, it might frighten her off. After they finished their main meals, she excused herself to the bathroom and when she returned, she sat down closer to him. He could tell she was nervous but he hoped she was comfortable being around him. He noticed she was fiddling with a bracelet and to calm her down, he placed his hand on hers. Instantly, he got goosebumps all over his body. Surely she could feel the chemistry as well?

Lando paid for the meal as they left the restaurant and stepped outside. When the fresh air hit them, a wave of tiredness overcame him as he tried to hide his yawn.

C- Do you want to go back to my hotel and watch a film? You've had a pretty huge day

Lando smiled and agreed. As they started walking, their hands brushed a few times before he took the plunge and intertwined his fingers with hers. Caitlyn, slightly caught off guard, smiled at him and they continue walked. Everything felt perfectly right in that moment. As they got into the hotel room, Caitlyn kicked off her sandals and tied her hair up into a messy bun. She went into the bathroom and changed into some shorts and then she saw Lando's hoodie which she threw on. As she walked back into the bedroom, she could see he had gotten comfortable on the bed and was scrolling on his phone. When he looked up and saw her wearing his hoodie, his face lit up. The beautiful jade green eyes twinkling right at her.

She wasn't sure where her confidence came from but as she climbed onto the bed beside him, she lifted his arm and snuggled against his chest, inhaling his scent. 

C- Lando? I know we don't really know each other that well but I want to thank you. You have really made me feel safe over the last few weeks and I honestly think I would have just gone home after this weekend if I hadn't gotten the chance to meet you.

L- I have really liked meeting you as well Caitlyn. I think it was more special meeting you after speaking for a while first. I have told you things, that not many people know about me. You make me so happy, its crazy to say.

The pair looked into each others eyes smiling like idiots before Lando looked down at her lips, then back to her eyes. She nodded, giving him a silent consent before he lent forward, their lips touching in a perfect, gentle kiss. It was magical and everything Caitlyn had imagined a first kiss could be. Pulling away, Lando noticed she had tears in her eyes and panicked. 

L- I'm sorry, I thought you were okay with me kissing you. 

C- Lando! Don't be sorry, it was perfect. These are happy tears

C- But I do want to tell you something. I think its only fair I let you know, I haven't had a boyfriend before. Not that I am saying you are my boyfriend, but you know what I mean. Boys have just never paid me any attention and....well....that was my first kiss. 

Suddenly feeling really ashamed and embarrassed, Caitlyn moved over to the side of the bed and put her hands over her face. Just then, she felt Lando move behind her as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

L- Caitlyn, look at me. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't care if you haven't had a boyfriend or if you've had 100. Believe it or not, I have only had 1 girlfriend before and even then it wasn't anything serious. We are just learning about each other and that is most important. 

Feeling relieved that he wasn't horrified by her revelation, she moved back to their previous position on the bed and resumed the film. Every so often, Lando would place small kisses on her head, leaving her smiling as she fell asleep on his chest. Once the film ended, he moved down slightly, trying not to wake her and shortly after, Lando fell asleep with Caitlyn in his arms.