3

the bell rang signalling the end of her college day. Caitlyn quickly packed her things into her bag and rushed down the steps of the building. luckily she didnt have to make excuses to Michelle today, she was heading to another study group after her last class. Caitlyn quickened her pace as she neared the canal path. as she approached the bench, she noticed her book was not there. franticly her eyes searched around the area of the bench when she noticed a bag sitting against a nearby tree. she looked around to make sure nobody was watching, she understood she must look suspicious right now. she pulled one of the handles to open the bag slightly and let out a sigh of relief, her book was there with her pen. 

Caitlyn sat down on the bench and opened the pages

* why did i write something? i am not sure to be honest. i stop at this bench most days, when im home anyway, and when i saw the book i was curious. 

you said you were going away, where are you heading to? i hope your mum does notice your absence :(

i put your book in the bag because it is going to get ruined by rain, or a dog peeing on it! haha!! Anyways, im heading away for work so wont be visiting the bench for a while but i thought it would be fun if we kept talking. i have created a new email account so we can keep the mystery (orange_bob.hotmail.com) Feel free to message me through there. Only if you want to of course.

ps. i promise im not a creep, just someone looking for my place in this world

"When you finally accept that it's OK not to have answers and it's OK not to be perfect, you realize that feeling confused is a normal part of what it is to be a human being." – Winona Ryder *

Caitlyn suddenly realised she had been reading and rereading the words over so many times, it was getting dark. she wiped the tear stains from her cheeks and headed home. she was conflicted about what to do. did she want to carry on speaking to this person? or was it best to stop now and accept the mystery person as a moment passed in her life? When she finally climbed into her bed, she decided to facetime Michelle. she hadnt told her any information about the notebook other than she had left it on the bench the first day. but she knew her best friend would have the brains to make sense of it all and advise her what to do. 

after she blurted all the information out, she took a big breath and lay back against her pillows. Michelle sat silently for a few seconds before a massive grin appeared on her face. 

M - you totally have to set an email up Caitlyn. what is the worst that happens? 

C - well....they were maybe being polite and dont actually want to keep talking. or its all just a prank and they are waiting to expose everything i say to the world.

M - geez Caitlyn, you think too much. they went to the trouble of setting up an email first so your first argument is flawed. and second of all, they dont know who you are so how are they going to expose you?

the girls chatted back and forth a few times before Michelle finally convinced Caitlyn to set up an new email address and message the person. they said their goodnights and Caitlyn quickly set up the new account before she chickened out. she needed sleep so decided on sending a message in the next few days, she didnt want to seem too eager.