Chapter-8

*•.¸♡ AUTHOR'S POV ♡¸.•*

In shock, Myra froze in her place her eyes fixed on the jeep sprinting towards her. For a second, she saw the end of her life in front of her eyes, making her shut her eyes tightly. 

However, as she closed her eyes, she felt herself tightly embraced in someone's arms and was pushed aside, followed by the sensation of rolling on the ground, all the while held securely by Diego. 

Both of them rolled to the other side of the road and stopped when Diego's back hit the wall. He was holding Myra securely and tightly in her arms as if saving her from every kind of danger. 

That jeep, after losing its balance was hit by the iron pillar of the street light at the side of the road, causing a great accident. All this commotion was enough to catch the eyes of the public around the place. 

Some of them came to the jeep, and some came towards Diego and Myra. Myra after all the hectic movements, finally came to her senses, realizing all the things that happened. 

Slowly, Diego released his hold on Myra, and she sat on the ground, gasping for breath, her heart pounding in her chest, still grappling to understand the whirlwind of events that had happened within a matter of seconds. 

Concern etched in his voice, Diego asked her, "Are you alright, Myra?" He gently held her arms, his eyes scanning her face, searching for any signs of injury. 

Struggling to regain her composure, Myra nodded, her voice barely a whisper, "I-I'm fine, Diego." Tears welled up in her eyes as the full gravity of the situation sank in. As the public gathered around, their eyes drawn to the aftermath of the accident, Diego carefully guided Myra to a nearby bench along the sidewalk. 

Myra remained in a state of shock, her mind still reeling from the recent events. Soon, two black cars came there, and soon a few men dressed in black clothes came running towards Diego. 

"King, are you okay?" Jacob asked him hurriedly. After getting news of the accident, he instantly came there. 

"Check the car." Diego, with a dark tone ordered Jacob. Diego just wished for the driver to be alive, and unharmed, so that he could torture him to death, for his recklessness, which nearly drew his little moon to death. 

"Yeah. He can't die. He must live to know the sin he just did." Xendar growled in his head with a menacing tone, which was equal to Diego's anger as well. His guards nodded and went towards the car. Diego's eyes were fixed on Myra, who was still shaking in fear and shock. 

"Are you fine?" One guy from the crowd came near Myra moving his hand forward to touch her shoulder, just to check her, but his hand was instantly caught in a hand-breaking grip. 

"Nobody asked you!" Diego with gritting teeth, warned him, glaring at him scaring the shit out of him. A single squeeze on his hand and a cracking sound were heard from the bones of the guy. After breaking his hand, Diego jerked off his hand and focused on Myra, leaving the guy with a broken hand, crying on the ground in pain. 

"You're fine, Myra. Take a deep breath." Diego told her with a worried tone, seeing her still lost in a daze. He held her both cheeks in his hands and made her look at him in his eyes. 

"You're fine, okay?" Diego told her caressing his thumb over her cheeks, as Myra lightly nodded now composing herself from the shock. The people around them started to leave the place, and some of them went towards the jeep's driver as well, as it was a big thing, cause he was dead on the spot. 

Amidst the chaos, a mysterious figure lurked in the shadows, hidden by the thick greenery of a nearby tree. Their true appearance was hidden, they observed the couple intently, their eyes fixated on them with a dark glare.