Chapter-4

*•.¸♡ AUTHOR'S POV ♡¸.•*

The heavy silence in the dark forest was slowly breaking as hurried footsteps were approaching. A girl was running in the forest like her life was dependent on it. 

Well, for Myra, the situation is completely like that, when she saw Diego transforming into a huge lion beast. Yes, she saw Diego transforming into a beast. The fire around the place had let her see his face clearly in the dark forest, as his face was visible in the warm glow of the fire. 

She just had come for Zoey's brother's birthday party, which was held by all the youngsters on the outskirts of the city. 

She just had come outside to get a fresh breath, when she witnessed a fire in the forest at a certain distance, and suddenly, wanting to get a clear look at it, she just took a single step in that direction, and then she slipped and fell from the cliff which was near the penthouse, where the party was being held. 

Luckily, she did not have any major injuries other than, a few scratches on her arms and legs, as the cliff was not that long-heighted. However, in all these, she never imagined that she would witness something as scary as this beast. And that, too, Diego. 

She was still running, but suddenly a stone became an obstacle in her way and she fell to the ground. She was just going to get back on her feet, but a loud thud stopped her. She looked back to see none other than that beast. 

Myra was trembling from head to toe, not because of tiredness, but because of fear. The way that beast's golden eyes looked down at her, those eyes were looking much scarier in the darkness of the forest. 

Xendar took a step near her, which made her back away from him more, but she was soon halted by the tree, and it did not take much time for Diego to trap her. She closed her eyes tightly, hoping that it was all just a nightmare, but the pressure of Xendar's large hands on either side of her told her otherwise. 

She was trapped, and there seemed to be no escape. Xendar kneeled beside Myra still he had to look down at her because of his huge beastly figure, watching her shivering figure with a mixture of desire and satisfaction. 

It was a strange feeling, one he had never experienced before, but it was exhilarating nonetheless. He had always wanted her to be close to him, to be trapped by him with no escape, and now she was. She was completely at his mercy, and he relished the power he held over her. 

He reached out to touch her, his sharp nail brushing her cheek, feeling her softness. But Myra flinched at his touch, and her hand flew up to slap his hand away. Xendar was amused by her feeble attempt to resist him, and he continued to caress her trembling figure with his big fingers, as small whimpers were leaving her lips. 

He traced his fingers over her face, from her jaw to her neck, and she whimpered softly in response. The fear in her eyes only fueled Xendar's desire, and he leaned closer to her, his face just inches away from her neck. It was then that he spoke the words that chilled her to the bone. 

"Should I take you with me?" His voice was low and menacing, and Myra couldn't help but think he was suggesting he would devour her. 

"I want to take you with me... Right now..." Myra's heart pounded in her chest as she closed her eyes, pulling her knees closer to her body. 

She was completely at the mercy of this beast, and the thought terrified her. Xendar moved even closer to her, but just as he was about to touch her neck, he stopped abruptly. 

"Not now." Diego's warning echoed in Xendar's mind, causing him to halt in his tracks and refrain from approaching her any further. Xendar took a deep breath and slowly retreated, allowing Myra the space she needed to escape the situation.