Chapter-15

*•.¸♡ AUTHOR'S POV ♡¸.•*

Diego sat at the head of the meeting room table, surrounded by his team members and consultants. A file in his hand, as he flipped their pages, scrutinized each page with a blank expression that betrayed nothing of his thoughts. 

Despite the air conditioning, sweat beads had formed on the foreheads of the people sitting around the table, and the tension in the room was palpable. The only sounds that could be heard were the rustling of papers. 

Diego seemed to be examining the documents with laser-like focus, his eyes darting back and forth across the pages as if committing every detail to memory. 

Though his expression remained serious, there was a hint of frustration in his dark eyes that suggested he was not happy with what he was reading. The tense silence was soon broken when Diego nearly slammed the file on the table. 

"Guess what? My employees become so lazy during my absence in the office..." Diego stated as he stood up from his head chair, his dark gaze fixed on them observing each of their expressions and movements. 

"So lazy... that cost me millions in just two days!" Diego lastly completed his words while gritting his teeth, as he glared at each member working on the project. Some of them nearly flinched in fear upon hearing his yell. 

After his two days of absence, he had come to the office today, just to get the unpleasant news. In one of the big projects his company was working on, somebody messed with it, making him lose millions. His eyes narrowed at each member wanting to know the real culprit. 

"Mr. Clarke, Mr. Allen, and Mrs. Bailey, you three stay and others get out." Diego's order rang in the meeting hall, giving some of them relief, while giving tension to the three people, whose names were spoken. 

However, nobody had any choice other than to obey Diego's command and leave the room. Clarke, Allen and Bailey, all three of them stayed in the room as per Diego's order. The three of them were visibly shivering, under Diego's dark gaze. 

"You know, just a few hours ago, I got news that you three had suddenly taken leave from office, yesterday. And yesterday evening only, this loss happened. Do you have any explanation for that?" Diego asked them as he walked behind the two males putting his palm on their chairs' headrests. 

The two males gulped the lump in their throats. Mrs. Bailey had visible tears in her eyes now. Everyone was aware of the ruthlessness of Diego in the office. 

"Mr. Clarke and Mr. Allen, I also got to know about a million dollars that transferred to your account last night." Diego declared as he finally stopped behind his head chair putting his elbows as support on the headrest of the chair. The three of them were now shocked, hearing Diego's words. Horror plastered on their faces as Diego glared at them. 

"Now, do I need to use my ways, or will you speak on your own?" Diego lastly warned them, as Mrs. Bailey could not muster any more silence now. She stood up from her hair and confessed everything how she knew about their traitorous plan against Diego. And when she knew about their plan, they threatened her. 

"Please forgive me, Mr. King. I was forced to do so." The woman cried in front of Diego, as he heard her words with a blank face. The two men now were shivering in fear, and their fear heightened more as Diego glared at them. 

"Take them to the place they deserve, Jacob," Diego ordered Jacob, who nodded at Diego's order and dragged the two guys away. The two guys tried to protest, but Diego behaved deaf to their begging. 

"And for you Mrs. Bailey, you're fired." The woman was shocked with Diego's order for her, as she looked at him with pleading eyes. 

"B-But, sir..." She tried to reason with her, but Diego cut her words.