Refuge

While I explore the refugee camp I see a bunch of graffiti tags about the end times and other things of that nature, just bringing down the overall quality of life around here, there are lots of market stands that sell clothing, food and other things.

After looking at all the types of people at the camp they all seem to be people without money and in poverty and then suddenly as I observe I bump into a man.

I turn around to see a tall stallion, a big meat head basically who looked like a total jock.

I then apologize for bumping into him as he gets In close and asks me "how many zombies have you killed?"

I then shrug my shoulders "like, two?"

He then breaks out into laughter for his face to quickly go serious again as he whispers in my ear "I've killed twenty."

I then shrug my shoulders "twenty what? Walkers, runners?"

He then quickly gets out in his place, telling me all I needed to hear, he's more then likely only killed walkers making him unimpressive in all rights.

I then say "now it's my turn to ask the questions what type of refugee camp is this?"

He then tells me "well look around, this is the broke camp.. everybody here is just the last people left with nothing to give and nothing to offer, there are other camps for the rich and are much more highly guarded but there aren't any of those around here."

I then nod "I see so the camps are organized by financial status?"

He then nods as well and asks me "you seem pretty chill, what your name?"

I then chuckle "oh! My name is Alan and yours?"

He then tells me that his name is Jackson and that it was good to meet me and all that what not "you have a check in my book." He says as he walks away.

It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, a big strong man is fond of me, how sweet.

I then hear someone shout hey you really loud I then turn around and see a group of kids my age sitting on wooden logs in a circle with cans of beer in public, that type of stuff was normal in times like this, cops have bigger things to worry about.

I then walk over to them as one of them pats a space on the log next to them for me to sit, I then comply and sit down.

There was a woman in a skirt and leggings across from me with a smile "your new around here aren't you."

I then nod as she asks "how many zombies have you killed?" I then sigh like why is everyone obsessed with that"

I then say "well, I've only killed like two.." the boy to her left laughs "two really?!" I then say "well, yeah.."

The woman then holds out her hand "hey, my name is Eleanor, it's wonderful to meet you." She then points to the left at that boy and she tells me that his name is Ricky.

I then shake the Eleanor's hand as she tells me "I saw you talking to Jackson, ya know him?"

I then tell them "not really that was me just meeting him." She then gasps in shock "that's surprising he's quite violent, when you bumped into him we thought you'd for sure get beat up but he was surprisingly kind to you, so how'd you do it."

I then laugh "I don't have the slightest clue I was just being myself ya know, why?"

She then gets in close "he can be a very valuable ally, he's like twenty zombies! That's, that's amazing!"

I then cross my arms "seriously, he's killed twenty walkers that's to unimpressive."

I then continue "and since when was the amount of zombies killed a competition where in an apocalypse for heavens sakes."

Then suddenly, Tanner shows up behind me putting his hands on my shoulder "I agree."

She then gasps even more "wow, who's this!" Tanner then looks at me with a second hand embarrassed smile "I'm tanner, and you?"

She then chuckles "well! My name is Eleanor, how many zombies have you killed?"

Tanner then says "like, 16 I don't keep count."

She then says all bummed out "oh." I then help him out "well what makes him special is that he survived a screamer and a crusher in one day!"

She then places her hand on her chest "wow, that's quite impressive!"

He then nods feeling all cocky as I get up bored of this "well I think I'll go back with Tanner now, so tell me are you trying to form like team full of strong people or something?"

She then nods "precisely."

I then chuckle "okay well, have fun with that." I then look at all the people she's got assembled and make a this is it type of face and walk away with Tanner.

As we walk back Tanner asks me why I was talking to them I then say "they called me over and started asking me how many zombies I killed and other things like that and it was kinda weird."

Tanner then agrees "yeah these guys make killing zombies into a competition which in reality is really fucked up because they used to be normal people."

I then nod "yeah, you're so right."

We then make it back to the tent with Eric passed out into a deep rest, night has fallen and tire washes over Tanner and I, with no room we have to make do so we all just sleep all up on each other in our little tent.

A few hours layers and it's hot, extremely hot, my body feels soaked in sweat and sticky from the skin to skin contact with Tanner and Eric, but there was also another feeling, the feeling of being submerged in someone's arms, a feeling of safety and clarity, but yet so much uncertainty.

I then crack my eyes open and realize I'm in Eric's arms, it was Eric the whole time who provided me with such safety, I immediately get up and open the tent feeling the cool air wash over me.

I shake off that weird feeling and pondered when Eric and I got into such a position. Afterwards I look up into the sky savoring the golden sun shining down on me, and at this very moment I finally was able to remember what safety felt like.

Broken Cellsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें