Arc 2 Chapter 10 The Ideal Life

A/N: If you want to give something up or give up on something, you must first become a master, because only then you will know what you are truly giving up.

So if your giving up on love because they don't feel the same way they make you feel just know these words. "At the end of the day people won't remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel." And that is the most important quote for anything in life.

So become masters of love, because then you might just decide to change your mind. Love is the key to friendships and family, and those two things are the keys to true joy (Aka the purest long term form of happiness).

I say all of this not just for the upcoming Arc 2 ahead but also for all you reading, every human deserves the chance to experience joy. Go out there and make it for yourselves.

---

It was now the next morning after the night Asia became a devil. And Issei's heartfelt reunion and raw emotion got Y/N thinking about the promise he made to his mother. His promise was to be happy for her, and himself. Deep down a thought that crosses every young man's mind is one day I'd like to be a husband and have a family. This wish was relatively dormant in our protagonist's mind until Issei's emotion shook him to his core. He witnessed a raw primal love between two beings.

Still in bed, unsure of how to make sense of his thoughts Y/N reaches out to Bane.

Y/N: Hey, Bane you miss your family right?

Bane: More than anything else in the world kid.

Y/N: So they made you pretty happy then?

Bane: Yes... Is there a reason to this questioning? I'd rather not talk about them now I still miss them greatly.

Y/N: Well, before I was transported here my mother had died pretty recently. The only thing she made me promise is to be happy. And after the scene Issei caused last night, I keep thinking that I want a family. Most of my birth family had died when I was younger, but me and my mother would occasionally comb through old photos and she would talk about all the happy memories behind them. I just want to know that for myself I think.

Bane: I can agree with your mother's thoughts and feelings. There is not a joy quite like being around the people you grow up with and having the person you love next to you. Not to mention teaching the next generation of kids too. Its a feeling of completeness.

Y/N: I think I understand, thank you Bane.

Bane: Yeah no problem bud. Hey, and uh, all horniness and joking aside. Your constantly around beautiful, strong, and smart young women. Do any of them catch your eye?

Y/N: While I will agree they are all amazing, I'm not sure I know any of them well enough to go right out and say I want pursue one over the other. Though I will mention that Koneko has piqued my interest the most in terms of wanting to get to know her better.

Bane: I agree, that's very wise of ya kid. And from what I can tell she takes an interest in you too. Tell ya what, you still need some more training and you wanna get to know her, so go invite her to spar today. And get to know her then.

Y/N: That's a great idea! What do you think I should ask about first? Her past maybe, or maybe why and how she became a devil?

Bane: I think she'll just appreciate it that your spending time with her. Kiba, Akeno, and Koneko always look so lonely. When you spoke about friendships last night, Kiba and Koneko started beaming.