Arc 1 Chapter 1 The Beginning

A/N: Forgot to mention a/n means authors note. Also this will be taking place before and after the prologue.

———

We find ourselves in an alien looking medieval kingdom. The ground is made of dark blue rock and the walls to the kingdom are some sort of chrome brick. The sky has 3 sun like stars that glow green with a blue hue. The sky radiates orange and green.

Looking  west and up from the kingdom you can see a cliff with a large figure standing on it. A black and green dragon. He looks content. For this is his mighty kingdom. His name is Bane Godfrey the king of this land. He transforms to a human and sprouts large dragon wings out of his back, he flies down to the main castle, his home.

He knocks on the door to the castle but no one answers. Usually a servant or maid would open the door immediately.

Bane: Hmm. That's certainly odd.

He proceeds to open the door himself.

Bane: Hello!?

He shouts with confusion, and all he got back was a echo.

(Italics mean thoughts).

Bane: Where is everyone? And come to think of it I didn't see anyone in the square from the peak either. Is this some sort of surprise party? I'll head to the square to see if I can find anything or anyone.

The reason Bane is so confused is because he had been gone for a world leaders summit to help with foreign affairs in other countries. And he had success with it greatly, being able to return home early.

He arrived in the square looking around.

That's when he saw it. One of the fabled thunderstorms of legend. The green lighting storm.
You see his planet is similar to Jupiter, it has a centuries old storm raging around. Except this storm is a bit different, anything its lightning touches disappears forever. Usually with preparation it's possible to use wind magic or great machines to redirect it. But those methods are controversial due to religions of the storm. And as you'd guess some of those religions lived in this kingdom and boycotted the use of these methods.

It seemed as if the people new this would happen and decided to flee before the storm got here, not knowing the king would return home shortly after.

The storm raged up to the kingdom quickly. It engulfed the front gates in seconds, it sent volleys of lighting everywhere, nothing was safe, things were disappearing left and right all being taken over by the rain and lighting.
That's when it reached him. Bane tried to use his wind magic or water magic to send the storm away, but to no avail, it was simply just slowing it down.
That's when it got worse. A tornado had just touched down in the midst of the madness and swept him up. He tried to fly away but couldn't gain control. He could go to his dragon form but that would make him a large target for the lightning. It was inevitable, he would die here.

But in a final stand to cling to life he summoned a hamster ball like shield around to guard him. He could feel it get thrown around in the midst of the tornado. And could see the green flashes of lightning through the cracks of the metal ball.

And that's when it all stopped. The ball fell to the ground with a heavy thud. No wind, no rain, no lightning.

Silence...

Dead silence...

Then it happened, the largest lighting strike in history. It completely melted away the ball, infusing bane into the metal. He screamed in agony as he was melted away. Around him he saw the planet fade away and a vortex appeared around him...