Arc 1 Chapter 9 The Ritual

A/N: Whats up y'all this arc comes to a close with this chapter! It's the farthest I've gotten in a fan fiction before. After this arc is over I might go back and re read all my previous chapters and fix any spelling mistakes and weird things that weren't explained well.

Edit: Went back, added some dialogue, edited mistakes, and re read everything so I can understand my character behaviors a bit better.
———

While the fight with Freed and Dohnaseek was happening Akeno and Rias dealt with Mitelt and Kalawarner. Koneko still injured, told Y/N to kick down the communion table. And when he did a small staircase leading downwards opened up.

Y/N: You think this is the way?

Koneko: For sure, it reeks of death down there.

Issei: Then let's go!

Rushing in first, Issei nearly fell down the steps three times. The rest of the gang following in behind them, they all stood stunned at the scene before them. Asia had been crucified upon a green glowing cross at the back of the room and Raynare stands at her feet in her revealing armor.

Raynare: Welcome to the party, Devils! Though I'm afraid you're too late.

Issei: Asia!

Asia: Issei... You came?

Issei was about to run up to her but a spear of light landed his feet.

Kiba: No Issei wait!

But before Kiba could pull him back it had exploded knocking both of the boys into Y/N leaving him to catch them both.

Raynare: This is really a touching reunion, but this ritual is over!

Y/N put the boys down and let them get to their feet. Meanwhile the cross started glowing a brighter green and Asia started screaming in pain.

Issei: What are you doing to her? Let her go now!

Kiba: That's it! Their after her sacred gear!

Raynare: Yes boy! And now her power is all mine, too bad such a sweet young thing had to die for it... Ah just kidding that brat was annoying! Ha!

As Asia's rings of healing floated out of her chest and the light faded from her eyes Raynare caught the rings was still snickering at her own bad joke.

Issei: Wait... She's... Dying?

Raynare: Ah Twilight Healing! It's finally in my hands! Those miserable hearts wait in the palm of my hand!

Raynare then implanted the rings of twilight into her chest and let out a soft moan. Green light enveloped her and she turned back towards the devils. She was glowing with power, and giddy laughing up a storm.

Raynare: I'll be beloved! I'll be the strongest fallen angel there is! Everyone who screwed me over is gonna regret it now!

Issei: Screw you!

He then charged towards the altar, that's when a bunch of masked priest came out of hiding and charged him with swords of light. Kicking one out of the way he kept running past them deflecting a few blades with his gauntlet.

Issei: I don't have time for this, move it!

Kiba and Koneko fought off the priest on the left and right flanks. Y/N ran behind Issei ready to fight Raynare so Issei could go help Asia.