41. YOU HAD ME

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter forty-one | you had me.

"God!" I heard Mark yell as the three of us exit Chaewon's Mustang, all of us running toward the gate

"God!" I heard Mark yell as the three of us exit Chaewon's Mustang, all of us running toward the gate. Mark was the only one standing as the two tousled, but it seemed that Taeyong was going to lose. Donghyuck sat on top of him and went at it, over and over, blood on his face.

Taeyong tried to block every hit, but the more he did, the more he weakened. It was like Donghyuck was a fighting machine, huffing and puffing, not anywhere near exhaustion. "Why did you say it, hyung?!"

"I–" There was no use. Donghyuck kept at it, not wanting to hear a word.

"I told you to stay away from her. I told you to spout bullshit. I told you not to try and break it all apart for me because you were jealous. I told you everything and you still don't LISTEN!" Donghyuck shook him, grip tight. "I knew you've always been envious of me, but to go to this extent? Do you have any fucking right?!"

"I've never been jealous of you," Taeyong scoffed through a bloody lip. "You're delusional."

"You're a traitor, you fucker!"

Mark tried to separate them, but Donghyuck pushed him off his back. "Haechan, fucking stop!"

"SHUT UP!" He roared, sparing Mark a glare before shaking Taeyong. I ran and grabbed Donghyuck's shoulder, but not looking over, he pushed me away, right into Shotaro's arms. I hissed and he turned quickly, eyes laced with worry. But even in worry, Donghyuck went right back to business, holding Taeyong tight. "I told you to keep your mouth shut. You said that you'd keep your trap shut until the day you die."

"She... deserved to know," That earned Taeyong another punch. "You know she fucking did, Donghyuck."

Hearing his name escape someone else's lips was a rarity. Donghyuck's heart seemed to soften as he slowly stood up, knuckles bleeding. Mark finally knelt to the ground and protected Taeyong, who groaned at every nerve touched.

"You didn't need to do that, Haechan. Why can't you ever use your fucking words?!"

"Hyung deserved it," He whispered, turning to me. "He goes around spitting nonsense to those who don't need to hear that kind of thing."