18. THE BUSAN GIRL

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter eighteen | the busan girl.

"Jiayi?" I opened my eyes, seeing Taeyong at the door

"Jiayi?" I opened my eyes, seeing Taeyong at the door. He tilted his head, looking between Renjun and me. "What are you doing here? They don't usually let visitors come this early."

"I stayed the night," Rubbing my eyes, Taeyong gasped. "What's so surprising? I'm not going to leave his side without anyone to watch over him."

"You should've let me know, Ji," Ji? He noticed my confusion, slapping his mouth. "Shoot, I was not supposed to say that. Forget it."

"No, no, you said it, you gotta explain it!" We laughed, Taeyong holding his head. "Tell me! What was that nickname for?"

"It's the nickname... Donghyuck calls you," He has a nickname for me? "Well, he didn't want us to tell you about it because he said he wouldn't know how you'd react, and he didn't want you to hate the nickname while he liked it. Don't worry, though, it's used in a good context."

"I would hope," I stood up, beckoning to my chair. "Anyway, I–" Someone came in, yawning in the process. Taeyong and I faced the man and startled, we both took a step back. "Wow. Great timing."

"What?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes, holding his car keys. "Did I come at the wrong time? Why are you guys so shocked?"

"No reason," Taeyong's mouth was still down, so I pushed up on his chin to close it. Donghyuck was innocent-looking, sharing stares between us before shaking his head. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Didn't you say you were going to be busy today?"

"Yeah, but I didn't get to finish because all of you decided to leave for your reasons. Didn't you say you were going to work?" Donghyuck mocked him, and I stifled a laugh. Taeyong scoffed, crossing his arms. "Anyway, I'm here because I'd like to get my free meal."

"What?" I straightened. "Already? It's been two days!"

"Doesn't matter. We're both free right now, aren't we? Taeyong, you'll cover for Jiayi, right?"

"Uh. I guess–"

"Sounds great. Jiayi, let's go," He beckoned, pulling out his car keys. "Bye, Taeyong hyung. Bye, Renjun. Come on, Jiayi. You can choose the restaurant, I'll drive there."