23. TELL ME, JI

DOWNTOWN

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

DOWNTOWN.
chapter twenty-three | tell me, ji.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

D-2. It was Wednesday.

Everyone else was busy doing their usual teenager or grown-adult thing, while Yuta and I were circuit-stricken. Taeyong and Donghyuck kept us racing and practicing, shooting pistols in case we got into an issue on the road. Of course, Taeyong was Yuta's trainer (per Donghyuck's request,) leaving me with the man I wasn't supposed to be talking to.

The anger began to subside and turned into a determination to make the team proud. If I continued being mad at Donghyuck or Chaewon, that would cloud my vision, and I'd definitely lose. Before I raced on Friday, I planned on apologizing to Chaewon, whether or not she'd take me back. But, I would seize tonight, and utilize him being my trainer as a way of apologizing.

"We're going for a ride," Donghyuck said, insinuating that I should stop shooting at the red target. I've been doing better handling a gun than the steering wheel, and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I put it down, handing it to him as he unloaded it. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I breathed, and walking over to his car in the parking lot, I got into the driver's seat. He jogged over to the passenger seat, buckling himself in.

"Whenever you're ready."

"I'm not ready, actually," I spoke, making him hum in curiosity. I kept my foot on the brake, but slowly, as I thought about it, it lifted. "Donghyuck, I'm sorry."

"For what?" He cocked his head to the right, suppressing a sly smile. "For going against my wishes?"

"Donghyuck," I warned, but eventually, he just snickered. "Well, yeah, that, and blowing up at you. I realized that you are..." I trailed off, swallowing my pride. "...Right. I should've listened instead of thinking you were out to get me. I know that you, of all people, wouldn't be that kind of person. You've heard my secrets, yet, I still don't know why I can't trust you."

"You're just hurting. I get it," Donghyuck nodded, turning to the window. "I mean, I've never expected everyone to trust me or like me–and I guess I forgot about that and got hurt. I should've been more direct, sorry."

downtown. | 동혁 √जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें