02. GOODBYE, BUSAN

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter two | goodbye, busan.

God, my head hurts like a bitch

God, my head hurts like a bitch. It's like I got hammered in the fucking head.

Where am I? The comfort of my bear plush isn't beside me. My hands flocked like a bird trying to find it, but it was nowhere to be found. Eventually, I opened and adjusted my eyes in the dimmed lights. It was odd seeing my windows not so bright, covering my gray curtains, but it made the process of realizing it much easier. I held my head for a moment as the door opened, making me turn my head. Chaewon entered, and a familiar figure leaned against the doorframe. I narrowed my eyes, and eventually, my mouth dropped. "Taeyong?"

"Hey, darling," It may not sound like it, but the way his eyebrows rose and he licked his lips, he was amused to see me. "I guess fate keeps bringing us back together. I didn't know you went drinking with my little sister."

"Little sister? Chaewon's your sister?" I looked at her, and she beckoned to the hangover drink in her hand. I mumbled a thank you, opened the cap, and took a sip. "Ah, that all makes sense. Kim, Lee... I see. You guys live together now?"

"Yep," Chaewon sat on the edge of the bed, moving wisps of hair behind my ear. "Taeyong's the one I was talking about, but that's not the point. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, just a mild headache," It was more like a migraine considering it was the first time I really drank, but with the way Chaewon was treating me, I didn't want to concern her. I turned to Taeyong, whose eyes were stuck on me. I referenced Chaewon's words, tilting my head as I spoke. "I heard from your sister you race. Is that true?"

They exchanged glances. For a moment, her smile showed, and trying to ease the tension his muscles began to show. Taeyong sighed, looking down at his feet. He held himself, hands on his bare arms, tank top folding. "Chaewon, you weren't supposed to tell anyone else."

"It slipped," She lied, shrugging. "Besides, what's the matter? Jiayi won't tell anyone!" She then snapped, causing her older brother to stare, bewildered. "She's a nice girl. You just assume everyone who comes across us is out to get your ass, or really, your money."