09. UNTIL DEATH

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter nine | until death.

"I didn't know you already had a boyfriend

"I didn't know you already had a boyfriend. We've only been here for around a month," He was clearly teasing me, but I tried not to fall for it. Dad wasn't too upset about me going to visit him for the night and didn't ask who he was, yet. "What's his name? Has he come by before? Were you doing something illegal?"

"No, of course not!" I denied, putting my hands up. "He's not my boyfriend either, Dad. I'm just swinging by to check on him.."

The white lie was hard to say, or really, to swallow, because my Dad didn't seem to buy it. I didn't like calling Haechan a good friend anyway, whether I enjoyed calling him more or wanting to say less. "Don't sigh," I snapped, causing him to scoff. "Anyway, forget about it. His name's... Haechan, but please, if you ever hear about him, don't go spouting nonsense about me!"

"Can't promise it, but whatever you want," Father replied. "Anyway, I'll be home late tonight. My boss and I need to present a project."

"No worries. I'll probably get dinner with my friends, anyway," Another white lie. I was off to take care of Haechan who was staying in Taeyong's apartment since the two were busy this whole week. Father chuckled, and I groaned. "Dad, seriously!"

"Alright, Alright, I'll call you later," I grumbled, pretending to complain under my breath before ending the call. Taeyong gave me the spare key, so I inserted it into the lock and went in.

"Haechan?" I called out for a moment, hearing nothing. He must be asleep. I went into the room I stayed in, slowly opening the door, and seeing him facing the wall. His arms are everywhere, a comfortable yet visibly uncomfortable position allowing him to rest. I wasn't fazed, pursing my lips as I laid an apple on his nightstand. I guess he really was a puppy.

I grabbed his arm, tugging softly so that his arms would go under the blanket. Afterward, I sat on the edge of the bed, raking back his hair so it didn't look too messy. He was still extremely hot on his forehead. "What...are you doing?"

I didn't know he was awake, so I raised my eyebrows. "Sorry, Haechan. I was just fixing your hair," He didn't seem against it, so I continued moving it around. "How are you feeling?"