15. MAKING AMENDS

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter fifteen | making amends.

Sunday was supposed to be a relaxing day for me, but when you have a bob-haired chick looking over your shoulder, I don't think relaxing is the best way to describe it

Sunday was supposed to be a relaxing day for me, but when you have a bob-haired chick looking over your shoulder, I don't think relaxing is the best way to describe it. Not only does she come home late, banging on my door at four in the morning, but she also sleeps over in my bed. Now, she's pushing my shoulder for me to do what I should be doing.

"Just call Haechan already. You're such a ditz."

"Don't test me," I barked, holding my phone. Chaewon winced, pushing me again. I grumbled, almost ready to say something to her as well. "Chaewon, I really appreciate you, alright? But I wish you wouldn't force me to do this."

"But I know you want to make up with him! So, how about just this once, you–"

"Chaewon," I said firmly, glaring. "Please."

She frowned, practically pouted, and stared at me with those goddamn puppy eyes. If I didn't know her better myself, who knows what I would have done? I know she means no harm, but all these people making me feel pitiful are really getting on my nerves. Just what have I done so wrong other than pushing him away? I get it's bad, but is it a crime?

"If you do it, I'll treat you to free drinks all night!" I blinked at her, unamused. "You're broke, don't lie to me! Come on. Two nights?"

"Would you stop bothering me if I did it?"

"You sound like a bully–yes."

"Fine. Get out of the room, this is personal," Chaewon took action, skipping out of my bedroom and gently closing the door behind her. Before I called Donghyuck, I could hear her talking with my father, spouting whatever nonsense came to mind. She and Dad got along pretty well (to my initial dismay,) and I was pretty happy about it. Dad always wanted me to have trustworthy friends, so if Chaewon could be accepted, it would allow me to go anywhere, anytime.

But, enough about her. It took me some time to find the contact, especially when Renjun kept him under "Hyuck" instead of "Donghyuck" or "Haechan." Interesting nickname. Quickly, I changed it, unconsciously stalling so that I wouldn't have to call.