06. ANOTHER NIGHT DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter six | another night downtown.

"I take it that you enjoyed your time with them, right?" Mark said as he drove, Taeyong texting who seemed to be Haechan that I was retrieved

"I take it that you enjoyed your time with them, right?" Mark said as he drove, Taeyong texting who seemed to be Haechan that I was retrieved. I sat back in my seat, whining over the fact I could've been drinking, but I was caught early. Mark chuckled briefly, turning the wheel gently. "We actually didn't mind. They don't have any problems with you, so we didn't need to have our guard up."

"Haechan just hates when our affairs get tangled into theirs. Sometimes, they make a big deal out of it, and he'll owe them in the end. You could call them dramatic, always asking for favors and incentives while being rich as fuck."

"They seemed... nice though?" My words cause them to go silent once again. Mark and Taeyong exchanged glances, soon scoffing. "What? Am I wrong?"

"The only one I'd recommend trusting is Felix and Jisung, Jiayi. The rest of the crew... they're sweet demons. They'll attract you, be nice to you, yeah, all of that–but the moment you turn the other way, they'll strike you right through the heart. That's exactly how it was when–"

"You're getting ahead of yourself," Taeyong warned. Mark cleared his throat, mumbling an apology. "When she makes her decision, we'll tell her."

"What do you have to tell me? Why does it depend on what choice I make?"

"Why are you always so curious?" Taeyong turned his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why do you have to go about just exploring everything? Is it because you're in Seoul now, and you're trying to adjust? Why– ah, I'm lecturing you. Sakura might get upset. Don't tell her I did, okay?"

"I will!" I whined. "You're so annoying!"

"Annoying?!" Taeyong glared at me. "Why, you act just like Chaewon. Brats!"

"A brat?" I scoffed, pointing my finger at him. "You bastard!"

"Bastard?" He retorted, jaw dropped. "Jiayi, you–!"

The car takes a swift stop, causing both of us to launch forward. Taeyong widened his eyes, and soon, both of our glares pointed toward a yawning Mark. "We're here."