Chapter 19: Your Daily Diaper Disaster

You know, walking around with a load in your diaper is really hard at first. Over the last few days, I've gained more experience than I'd like to admit. I walked away from that Walmart, pushing my bike by my side with my two grocery bags tied to the handle bars. I had a difficult decision to make. Get changed somewhere public and never tell anyone about this, or go home in this mess and show my parents that potty training is impossible for me.

I decided on the former. I walked into the CVS I was at not too long ago and snuck my way into the bathroom with a goodnight tucked into the waistband of my shorts. I changed quickly and threw my messy pull-up in the garbage can.

I managed to get out of the CVS without anyone seeing me, and I biked home. Upon arriving, I made my way to my room, throwing the goodnites on my bed. A slight urge to pee came again, and I was able to make it to the bathroom in time. I stood over the toilet, trying to pee, and it started. For the first time in a while, I was using the toilet to go pee. It wasn't much, but I guess it was a step in the right direction.

I walked out of the bathroom and ran into my dad in the hall. He looked at me. "Did you just use the toilet?" he asked.

I nodded with a smile. He smiled back.

"Good," he said. "I knew you could do it. Your reward can be to keep those shorts on for the rest of the day."

It was almost 5 p.m., so it was only a few hours, but it felt good. After dinner, I met with my parents in my room again. "We are proud of you, Eli. We know it's frustrating and difficult, but you used the toilet today for peeing, which is something you have not done in a while." my mom said.

"How many pull-ups did you end up using?" my dad asked.

"Well, this one is my fourth. I'm not gonna lie, it's a little wet." I said, red in the face.

"At least there was no pooping your pants today," my dad said as he grabbed my nighttime diaper.

"Yeah..." I said nervously as I took the diaper out of his hand.

"Eli," my mom called out. "I talked to a friend of mine who works for the city. She said the local rec center is always hiring kids your age. Her son works there, Colin. I think he is one of Elliott's friends."

"What will I be doing?" I asked.

"Whatever they need, you too. It makes good money, and Colin will be able to get you to and from. I set up an interview for you on Wednesday if you want it."

I was hesitant, but things could be a lot worse, and I didn't have to work too hard to get this job. I nodded and headed out of the room.

"Also," she added, "your doctor appointment and therapist appointment got switched. The doctor wants to see what the therapist thinks before seeing you."

I nodded again, went through my routine, and headed for bed. I had a very long week ahead of me. The meeting tomorrow, the doctor on Tuesday, an interview on Wednesday, the shrink on Thursday, and a few mid-term tests to add on.

The next day was just like any other. I woke up in a soggy diaper. I grabbed my three daily diapers, put two of them in my backpack, and took a shower. I was running late, so I got changed and dressed, walked downstairs, grabbed two pop tarts for breakfast, and headed out.

The day at school went by without incident. I knew I needed to manage my diaper usage better, so I did not drink as much as I usually did. It helped a ton. When I would usually change between classes after lunch, my diaper was only kind of full by this point. I took my seat and began to take notes on the lesson. I was so focused on the lesson that I barely noticed that my diaper began to swell more as warm pee filled it. I looked around to see everyone focused on the lesson, and I quickly put my hands down my pants to check the state of my diaper. It was pretty full now. I probably should have changed like I usually did.