Chapter 21: Spring Break

I woke up in a daze. I looked up at my alarm to see it was 9:30 a.m. This wasn't unusual for a Saturday, and we didn't have to leave until noon. My daze cleared when I realized why I woke up. My bed was soaked.

My diaper was full—like, fuller than it had ever been before. Just about every inch of absorbable material was soaked in pee. My bed sheets were cold and damp, and they were sticking to my bare legs as I had called myself asleep in just the diaper for the night.

I went into autopilot, tearing off the soaked diaper and kicking it into the closet. I threw on a pair of shorts from my laundry basket and stripped the sheets from my bed. I had leaked so much that it left a huge circle of pee on the mattress. I debated whether I should flip it or not and decided to do it.

I hurried my way to the washer, throwing in my sheets and starting it up. So far, no one has seen me. I then grabbed a spare pair of sheets we kept in a small closet. When you have a family of bedwetters, you have a few extras on hand. I threw the new sheets on my bed and threw my soaked diaper in the trash. I was breathing heavily and sweating a bit, but I had done it quickly and quietly.

I opened a window to air out the room when I heard a soft tap on the door. "Hey Eli," Elliott called out softly. "Did you just put some clothes in the washer?"

I turned to see Eli, head peeking out the door, awaiting my response. "Uh... yeah. Why?" I asked.

"I've gotta run a few things," he replied quietly.

"Here, I'll throw them in with mine." I offered as I walked to the door. I didn't want him to know I soaked my sheets, as he would surely tattle when it would benefit him. I opened the door to find that what he had wrapped around his arm were his sheets.

"No. I can do it." He replied, pulling away from me quickly. When he did that, I could see the large wet spot on his shorts as well as part of his wet sheets.

"Did you wet the bed?" I asked in a whisper. I couldn't help but grin a little.

"Damnit. Yes, I did. I know you told me so," he replied. "Just let me throw your stuff in with mine."

"I don't know..." I replied. "What's in it for me? Having another bed wetter in the house again sure takes a lot of pressure off me."

"I'll quit ratting you out," he replied, clearly annoyed.

"I'll need some collateral." I replied.

"Fine," he whined. "This isn't the first time I've wet the bed. It's happened three times in the last few weeks."

"And here you are..." I commented.

Elliott interrupted, "Just hurry and throw them in before mom and dad see. We can talk later."

I grabbed his wet sheets and threw them in with mine. Elliott went to the same closet I was in earlier, grabbing himself some new sheets.

I walked in as Elliott finished making his bed. "Welcome to the club." I said it sarcastically.

"It's not funny." Elliott said, clearly not amused. "I know you are used to it, but I'm not. I hate it."

"I did too... Honestly, I still do. Ironically, I was washing my sheets too." I replied.

"It was that bad last night, huh?" Elliott replied.

"Yep. I don't know if they told you, but mom and dad are gonna make me wear plastic pants all week and start wearing them at night." I replied.

Elliott chuckled. "Oh shit. I remember those. It was like they put a bell around your neck. I could hear you in the hall from our room."

"Yeah. They sucked," I replied.