short ride

(Short chapter!!)

Negan stared at Rayle, his eyes running over the scar on her face, clearly taken aback by its appearance, "Holy shit balls! How the hell did you get that?" he asked, smileign

Rayle looked out the window, ignoring him and focusing on the outside world. She heard the engine roar and the RV started to drive off,

"Listen, I truly am sorry," Negan said, his smile growing even wider, "But we're family, I need you to talk. I haven't seen you for like, four years."

Rayle finally looked at him, "It was a man named Philip," she said, then immediately looked away again, her eyes on the window.

"What? How?!" Negan asked, his eyebrows raising in surprise.

Rayle shook her head, unable to answer his questions. She turned back to look out the window, not wanting to engage with Negan any further.

"Damn, what's your deal with that boy, Rick's son?" Negan asked, a smirk on his face as he leaned back, his eyes still locked on Rayle.

Rayle finally looked up at him, a confused expression on her face as she tried to figure out what he was asking. "What?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper.

"I saw you," Negan said, pointing at Rayle, "You looked at him," he added, as if it were proof of some sort of secret.

"Obviously, I'm going to look at him," Rayle protested.

"No, no," Negan said, "There's a way you look at someone, like there's a god damn puppy in front of you and you -," he paused, searching for the right words.

Rayle shook her head, "No, no," she said again, "It's nothing like that," her voice almost a whisper.

Negan hummed, raising his eyebrows, still not convinced. It was clear that there was something more to this, something he was missing, and he wasn't going to let it go.

"Damn, where's your old man?" Negan asked, his tone growing more serious.

"He died," Rayle said, her eyes locked on the table. "He got bit," she added, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh shit," Negan said, the gravity of the situation finally setting in. "That sucks," he added, realizing that this conversation had taken a much more somber turn than he expected.

Then he smiled, almost as if he had forgotten about the gravity of the situation, "Did you see the look on their faces when I fucking bashed his head in!" Negan said, chuckling.

Rayle's breath caught in her throat as she realized he was talking about Glen, the man who had been like a father to her since the beginning. The tears started to pour down her face as she thought about how he was gone now, taking a bit of her with him. She tried to wipe the tears from her eyes but they just kept coming, her breath shaky as she stared at Negan, hating him for taking everything she loved.

"Shit, you cared about him, sorry kid. I forgot, you're just a kid," Negan said, his tone softer now, almost as if he was genuinely sorry for what he had done.

"But you have to know, it was necessary. I needed you to understand," Negan added, nodding his head.

Rayle sat there, unable to say anything, her mind a blur of emotions and thoughts. Negan, seeming to understand her predicament, stayed silent for a moment, the only sound in the RV being the soft hum of the engine outside.

"Got you a present," Negan said He smiled, reaching under the table, and Rayle's heart skipped a beat.

But instead of something terrible, she was relieved to see her backpack being pulled out,

Rayle took the bag and dug inside, her heart racing as she searched for the bundle of pictures. When she finally found it, she pulled it out, relief washing over her. She took a quick peek at the top picture, the one of Glen and Rick talking in the house, Glen making a face because of the blinding light from the camera, and Rayle remembered how she smiled, if only a little bit, knowing she had captured a memory.

Negan was still focused on her, "What did you say?" he asked.

"Thank... thank you," Rayle whispered, still hating Negan for what he had done, but grateful for getting her backpack back.

sudenly the rv stoped negan stood up Lucille over uis shoulder Rayle followed Negan out of the RV, but she didn't take his hand when he offered it. Instead, she just held her backpack tightly, her eyes moving nervously around the surroundings. She didn't know where they were.

"Looks like we're here," Negan said, his voice a little too cheerful for Rayle's comfort. She looked up at him, her expression solemn as he walked off the RV, the two of them now standing in an unknown location,

"I apologize, I can't show you around myself," Negan said, wrapping his arm around a man who had been standing next to him. "My 'friend' here will have to show you around himself," he added, gesturing towards the man. As he continued to speak, Negan swung Lucille around, a menacing look in his eyes, making Rayle's heart skip a beat.
Negan nodded at Rayle before walking away, leaving her with the man. She watched as the truck Daryl had been in pulled up, and Dwight emerged, burning face visible as he grabbed Daryl and dragged him into the building. Daryl didn't struggle, seeming afraid. Rayle felt scared herself, seeing Daryl like this. The man Negan had left her with grabbed her arm tightly and dragged her towards a door to a large building. As they approached, she saw Daryl get pushed to the ground, but he just got up,