wolfs

Rayle sat on the kitchen chair, lost in thought, waiting for Daryl to get back or just any form of news.

Glenn walked in and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, something wrong?" he asked.

"Nah, just thinking," she said, smiling weakly at him. "Thinking about what?" he asked.

"I dunno, I miss my daddy... I wish I had one. Daryl keeps leaving me," she said, l

"Rick's gone crazy... and...and... nevermind."

Glen smiled reassuringly at her. "Don't worry. Rick's going to get better, and Daryl will be back soon. You'll see."

Rayle took a deep breath, feeling a little better. "Thanks, Glen," Rayle

"Rick's woken up. We're going to check on him," Glenn said. Rayle nodded, a sense of unease washing over her as she watched him turn and walk towards the door.

"Hey...go check in with Carl, okay?" Glenn said, looking back at her.

Rayle nodded, closing the door behind him. As soon as he was gone, Rayle got up and made her way towards Carl's house, She opened the door and found Carl sitting alone,

Rayle walked into Carl's house, finding him sitting alone on the couch.

"Dad?" Carl asked, looking up at her. Rayle shook her head. "Nope, just me."

Carl nodded, then hesitated. "Hey...uhm, where did you go yesterday?" Rayle asked.

"What?" Carl asked, playing coy. "Yesterday I saw you and Enid walking back in right before your dad..." Rayle started, but Carl cut her off.

"Oh uh, nowhere. We just went for a walk," Carl said, smiling faintly. Rayle nodded and sat on the couch, feeling a growing sense of unease within her.

"How old are you now?" Rayle asked.

Carl shrugged. "I don't know. Fourteen, maybe fifteen?"

Rayle gave him a weak smile. “That would make me thirteen, wouldn't it?”

Carl managed a small smile in return. Suddenly, the door opened, and Rayle turned to see Rick walking in. His face was beaten up, but he had a few bandages on.

“Dad,” Carl said, running over to him and hugging him.

“Hey,” Rick said softly, hugging Carl back.

“You okay?” Carl asked, sounding concerned.

“Yeah,” Rick said.

“Hey Rayle,” Rick said, looking over at her and giving her a smile.

"Look, I'm sorry," Rick said as he walked into the kitchen, addressing Carl.

"I heard about the meeting," Carl said,

"You're staying home, so are you, Rayle," Rick said firmly.

"What? You can't tell me what to do!" Rayle said, her voice rising in volume as she protested.

"Glen said you're staying, so you're staying," Rick said sternly, his eyes fixed on hers.

"They need us, they'll die without us," Carl said, looking at Rick with a sense of urgency.

"I might have to threaten one of them, I might even have to kill one of them," Rick said as he walked closer to Carl, his voice and expression grim.

"You won't," Carl said, shaking his head.

"I might," Rick said, a hint of determination in his voice.

"You have to tell them," Carl said, looking Rick in the eye.