rayles attached

Daryl shakes Rayle gently, "Wake up," he says, noticing her lost in thought. Rayle shakes herself, "Sorry," she says, standing up and taking a deep breath. She was tired, but she refused to let go of Judith. "Here, let me take her," Rick said, trying to take the child from Rayle. "No," Rayle says firmly, moving away from him. "Okay then, let's go," Rick says, leading the way. Rayle follows, still holding Judith close to her. They continue on their journey, determined to make it to someplace where they can start over, somewhere where they can finally find peace.

Rayle followed the group, slower than the others, her eyes on the ground. She dragged behind, tired and lost in thought. She felt Daryl's eyes on her every few minutes, checking on her. daryk walked into the woods with carol Rayle would usually beg to go with him, but wasn't up to it today. Instead, she kicked a rock, lost in her thoughts as Daryl disappeared into the woods, likely searching for supplies.

Carl slowed down to talk to Rayle, "Hey, are you sure you don't want me to hold her?" he asked with a smile. Rayle couldn't bring herself to smile back.

"Why and how do you do this?" he asked, looking concerned.

"Do what?" Rayle asked back, confused.

"You act like Judith's mom," Carl began, "you're always holding her." Rayle couldn't respond.

"I mean, you're not even related, y-" Carl realized he was crossing a line, and stopped himself. He took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I just... you act more like her mom than I can as a brother.”

"Did you have a sister?" Carl asked.

"A brother," Rayle corrected.

"What happened to him?" Carl asked, concern in his voice.

"He died," Rayle said, her voice heavy.

"How?" Carl asked, not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

"Daddy went out when I was six. He left my brother and I alone. He was three and I left him just for a second and when I came back, he opened the door and ran into traffic. It was all my fault," Rayle said, her voice shaking, tears welling up in her eyes. Carl put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

"No, it wasn't," Carl said, trying not to sound too reassuring.

"It was...," Rayle replied, but quickly fell silent. Carl knew it was not his place to try to comfort her. He kept walking, lost in his own houghts, until he heard the sound of rummaging.

"I found this earlier when getting water. I thought you would like it," Carl said, handing her a hair clip with a star on it.

"It's a star for a star," Carl said and Rayle nodded, smiling a bit.

"You're so cheesy," she said, chuckling.

"Yeah, okay, sorry," Carl said, his smile growing.

Rayle took the clip and put it in her hair. "Thanks, Carl," she said.

"Of course," Carl replied, feeling happy that he could bring a small bit of comfort to Rayle, who had been carrying around so much grief for so long.
(Sorry I had to 😒)

Rick, Michone, Glenn, Abraham, Maggie, and Sasha stopped in front of a bridge. The others crossed it, but Carl noticed that Rick, Michone, Glenn, Abraham, Maggie, and Sasha were pushing walkers off the bridge, trying to stop them from following them. The group was working together to clear the bridge and make their way across, but the sight of the walkers still filled Carl with a sense of fear and uncertainty.

finally, they continued walking, but after an hour or so, , "Dad, look!" Carl said Rayle couldn't quite make out what he was looking at,

"I'm gonna head into the woods," Daryl said. "Circle back."