barn

Rayle lay down on the wood floor in the old barn, exhausted. She tried her best to get comfortable, knowing that she needed rest, but the sound of the rain and thunder made it difficult to fall asleep. She closed her eyes, willing herself to rest, and soon enough, she drifted off into a peaceful sleep. As the rain continued to fall, and the thunder. she slept through the night,

Rayle awoke to the sound of guns cocking. Suddenly, Maggie walked into the barn, followed by a man that Rayle had never seen before.

"Everyone, this is Aaron," she told them. Daryl immediately went to check the outside, while Sasha and Maggie stepped into the barn.

"We met him outside, and he was by himself. We took his weapons and gear," Maggie said, and Daryl came back in, patting Aaron down

Daryl picked his crossbow back up and turned to face Aaron, who had his hands raised  Aaron remained still, trying his best to show that he meant no harm.

"Hi," he said softly, keeping his hands up.

Judith started crying in Rick's arms, but he didn't take his eyes off Aaron. Rayle got up, taking Judith from him, and she shushed her as gently as she could.

"Shh, shh," she whispered, trying to calm her down. "It's okay, don't cry.”

Rayle stepped behind Rick, holding Judith close to her as the baby slowly stopped crying. Aaron stepped forward, trying to introduce himself
"its nice to meet you" Aaron said
but someone immediately cocked their gun at him, and he stopped immediately.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asked Maggie, and she walked toward him, keeping her eyes on Aaron.

Judith started crying again, and Rayle pulled her into her arms, trying to comfort her.

Maggie handed Rick what looked like a gun, and he examined it before putting it into his belt. "There something you need?" he asked Aaron.

"He has a camp nearby he wants us to audition for membership," Sasha informed them, and

Aaron chimed in, "I wish there was another word. 'Audition' makes it sound like we're some kind of dance group that's only on Friday nights," he said, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Aaron's request led to silence as the group considered his proposal. Aaron cleared his throat, "And it's not a camp—it's a community, I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home."

Aaron took a deep breath, and continued, "I know if I were you, I wouldn't go either—not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?”

Sasha stood still for a moment before grabbing the bag from her bag and handing it to Rick.

"Front pocket. There's an envelope," Aaron said.

Rick Kneeled down to open the bag and pulled out an envelope.

"There's no way to convince you to come with me just by talking about our community, that's why I brought these," Aaron said, gesturing to the envelope in Rick's hand.

Aaron apologized, "I apologize in advance for the picture quality—we just found an old camera store," but Daryl cut him off.
"Nobody gives a shit!" Daryl said, and Aaron looked back at him, "You're absolutely 100% right," he admitted. Turning back to the group, Rayle got down on her knees to see the pictures in the envelope

Rayle looked at the pictures inside.

"That's the first picture I want to show you," Aaron said, gesturing to the first picture. "Nothing I saw about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe if you join us. You will be each panel in that wall, a solid 15-foot high and 12-foot wide slab of steel." Aaron explained, and showed them the pictures, all of which were in black and white.