CLOSE CLASH

Today's Chapter vote goal- 180 votes 30+ Comments

"For the last time, it wasn't her fault," my heartbeat and voice echoed, none other than my ex-sports rival, Aakash Rathore, standing in front of me as I protect his dear sister now

"Is that the only sentence you ever learned to say correctly? And I am not talking to you right now, am I?" Aakash's voice was low and deep enough to make some wet their pants, just as he was on the field. But that didn't faze me, I've been through worse.

"Yes, but I want you to talk to me instead of her. It was all my mistake, we got lost," I tried to sound as apologetic as I could.

"Aakash, let these kids explain," his mother ordered, annoyed by the scene we were causing before the whole family and maybe their staff. Everyone looked too stunned and scared of our conversation as it sparked an inch away from a physical fight.

"Bhai, please," the mountain girl said softly, her voice breaking as if she was about to cry.

He sighed and returned to talk to his staff, and they dispersed along with some family members, including their mom. Meanwhile, the girls offered us to sit down with them. We hesitated, but they insisted too much, so we obliged. The mountain girl looked pretty scared as she kept fidgeting with her hands.

"Hey, kiddo, why does my brother act like he already knows you? Are you his enemy or something? What have you done to him? Have you messed with his Jordans or his bike? Being on my brother's list will bring you no good, it's literally worse than existing in hell. The last time-" she accelerated her sentence as he was reaching closer.

"Nah, I did worse than messing with his Jordans or bike. I made him lose face in the field, not only once but thrice," I smirked, well aware that he heard me. The mountain girl's face lost its colour.

"So you're him," she asked, her eyes wide with astonishment. I scoffed at the sight and then glared at him as he approached us with his phone glued to his ear.

"You're dead now," she said, and he tapped her back hard, practically slapping her, and handed her the phone. The heavy voice on the other end indicated it was their dad. She took the phone and disappeared into the garden. He signaled his cousins to leave, and they departed, leaving the four of us with him.

"As you can see, I don't have enough time, so be quick with the explanation. And if it doesn't justify your actions, be ready to go back with two broken ankles instead," he said, already noticing my broken ankle.

"Gladly," I smirked as Samrudh kicked my already broken ankle, urging me to behave. I just rolled my eyes, but Evyaan saw the opportunity and snatched it. He sanely started explaining things as I interjected with my answers. Aakash still blamed me for being impulsive, but it's not the first time I've been called that, so it didn't infuriate me that much.