THE HIKE

"Come out onto the balcony," his message read

I stepped outside, scanning the area for him. It seemed unlikely that he had actually come out here to meet me.

Everything that had happened today had brought us remarkably close. Though I hesitated to admit it when he shielded me from the crowd, I felt an unexpected sense of protection and safety, and for a minute, I forgot what we were and where we were.

For another moment, I found myself wishing he would continue to shelter me from the world, shielding me from all the things I had been hiding from. It was a simple gesture, yet in that moment, it felt like the greatest help I could have asked for, and he provided it without any prompting.

I didn't quite understand why, but I found myself searching for him, almost expecting him to be there. But if that was the truth, it would be a huge problem. I shouldn't be expecting him, especially after his kindness. He's just being kind to you, Samayara. Don't mess it up.

I felt a wave of butterflies when I remembered the meaning of it, but I highly doubt, he meant it

I felt a wave of butterflies when I remembered the meaning of it, but I highly doubt, he meant it.[saying the moon looks pretty means confessing their love for someone].

Yet here we were, both gazing at the same sky. It was beautiful, and even more so because he had shared it with me. Despite all the messy thoughts, the moon remained exquisite. I took my time admiring it before finally returning to my room, where I found Vanie already asleep. I set the alarm for the morning and settled into bed.

Morning

I woke up feeling refreshed, and Vanie was already in the bathroom. I checked my phone to see if there were any messages in our family group and discovered numerous notifications awaiting my response. I replied to a few of them before Vanie emerged from the bathroom.

"Good morning," I greeted her, stretching my arms. "Morning," she replied somewhat indifferently. I couldn't shake the feeling that something had changed since last night, but I tried to push the thought aside, perhaps I was overthinking it.