CONFUSION

"What?" I asked Evaana, who was already surrounded by Kiaan and our other friends

"What?" I asked Evaana, who was already surrounded by Kiaan and our other friends. Kiaan smirked at me as if he knew something I'd been hiding. I cocked my eyebrow towards him, and he whispered something to Evaana again.

"Tell me what it is or I'll leave right now," I said, turning it into a playful threat.

"It's about Samayara?" she said and I turned back unconsciously.

"You like her, dumbo," she claimed.

"Since when is being bare minimum kind is 'liking' someone?" I replied, annoyed by their assumptions.

"Ever since you started taking so much interest in her ex-love life." She stated.

"How do you know?" I asked, feeling somewhat uneasy about her having details about me. "I've got my sources, dumbo," she said, flipping her hair as if it were something cool.

"So, are you trying to tame her? She looks very innocent and careful, dumbo, don't mess it up," she warned. 

"As if I would! I'm really just trying to befriend her and protect her from that bastard," I retorted, and all of our friends were now invested in this conversation.

"If you want to 'tame' her, try to be with her all the time," Pratyusha exclaimed. "For the love of God, it's not taming her! It's called befriending," I clarified.

"It's good to see the day when Evyaan Jadeja is trying to befriend someone when it's always the other way around," Samrudh said dryly. 

"I would love to be in the same situation," Kiaan added, further fueling the fire.

"Not being able to befriend your own love interest, how romantic and thrilling," Aakib shared his disappointment.

"Right?" Kiaan took it as a compliment.

"I like her as a friend, guys. She's fun to be around," I announced and made my way to the restaurant, with them following me from behind, clearly not believing me.