NAUTICAL NIGHT

Today's Chapter vote goal- 150 votes

"We've contacted Vedika Di, and she mentioned that she'll save us, though it will take some time," I conveyed, and everyone nodded in acknowledgement

"Okay, can anyone tell us what happened and why we are in this situation now?" I asked, getting up to lighten the mood. The girl explained, rolling her eyes at Kiaan, "Well, your idiot friend jumped into the water, thinking he could save me. But guess what? He ruined my quality time, and I had to save him, which makes me the hero instead, kiddo." Samayara and I replied with an 'oh,' experiencing second-hand embarrassment on Kiaan's behalf.

"I never said I wanted to play hero," Kiaan replied angrily. "We're very grateful to you for saving our friend," I said, cutting Kiaan midsentence. "Why didn't you tell us too? We both would've jumped after you both," I joked, trying to diffuse any tension and prevent them from fighting again.I glared at him, and he looked at me in disbelief.

"Good thing that didn't happen, or else I would've just saved the cute girl and left you two drowning," she said, ignoring Kiaan's words. "We both would've figured it out on our own," Kiaan replied instantly.

"Says the one who almost drowned if I wasn't there," the girl retorted, and Kiaan fell silent. "but really thank you so much, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience," Samayara added softly.

"Honestly, I don't hate it that much. I discovered a new part of the forest now. It's funny how I never knew this existed," the girl said calmly. "Is it funny to you?" Kiaan asked. "Yes, kind of," the girl replied, bickering again.

"You better spare me your funny, then," Kiaan replied. "Too bad, now I saved you. By the way, guys, he still hasn't apologized to you both," she reminded us, and Kiaan gritted his teeth before making a puppy face. This guy-

"Fifteen punches when you get better," I said, cracking my knuckles. ''Make it thirty. My punches won't hurt him,'' Samayra said angrily. ''Right,'' the girl replied. ''Guys, I'm your friend. Why are you teaming up with the mountain girl?'' he asked, the audacity to ask why? after all of this. I want to punch him right now. 

''Make it forty-five''  the mountain girl said, enjoying the drama. ''Okay, okay, stop. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, but what's done is done, right? I am sorry. I really am''  he said, "you better be" the girl teased and we gave up on them.

''So how are we heading back now?'' Kiaan asked, distracting us from him. ''Right, wait. Let me call Vedika Di,'' I said, and she answered.''Di, we found Kiaan, and he is not alright'' I said before Kiaan pulled my arm, making me fall hard. 

''What alright? Dumbo, tell her the truth. Di, I'm not alright. I broke my ankle, and my whole body is hurting because I was in the water for so long,'' he said dramatically. The change in Vedika Di's voice made it clear she got worried.