SATISFACTION

"I don't know, I just said it," she whispered before confessing, "Actually, yes," she said, gazing out of the window

"I don't know, I just said it," she whispered before confessing, "Actually, yes," she said, gazing out of the window. She looked so cute when she was shy. I smiled at her and then turned my head in the other direction, only to find Laksh clenching his teeth as if he had lost control of his life.

He wasn't trying to hide it either, now it was evident that he was mad at seeing Samayara comfortable. The bastard.

After a while, Samayara seemed flustered, and I was struggling to fall asleep, a task I clearly failed at. 

"I'm feeling nauseous, Samayara," I told her, and a look of concern spread across her face. "I'm sorry, I..." "It's not your fault. I'm actually famished. When will they serve food?" I whined, and the worried expression on her face soon turned into a thunderous laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked

"You're so unpredictable," we both said in unison.

Our laughter subsided, and she explained how I said I was nauseous because of hunger, which sounded amusing considering I have motion sickness.

Our bus conductor then informed us about the arrival of snacks. Hassim, a council member, quickly came to our seats, and we discussed the distribution. I clapped my hands, prompting everyone to pay attention to me.

"We'll be provided with snacks in 10 minutes. You'll receive them at your seat, so no one is allowed to leave their seats," I announced before Hassim and I stepped out of the bus.

We met with the other council members and soon loaded our bus with snacks. After thanking the helpers, we hopped back on the bus. I asked Samayara to assist us too. She arranged the food kits while Hassim and I distributed them. Hassim announced about extra food and trash before returning to his seat, while Samayara and I organized our food kits and followed him.

"Um, Evyaan, the meds?" Samayara reminded me, bringing up the most crucial issue just as I was about to inhale my food.

"Ah, crap, I totally forgot about it." I quickly retrieved the medication and handed a tablet to Samayara, taking one for myself as well. She thanked me and continued with her snacks, but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Damn, she might think I'm forgetful, which I'm definitely not, it's just my motion sickness, I reassured myself and then devoured my food. By the time I finished my last cheese nugget, it was very windy.

I glanced at Samayara and noticed that she had made a mess while eating her dessert. The vanilla frosting of the cupcake was smeared on her hands and in her hair.

She gave me a questionable look as I just stared. I couldn't just stand by and watch. I quickly grabbed a tissue as the wind picked up, making it hard for her to even hold it with her hair falling all over her face.

She was about to touch her hair when I took her hand, preventing her from making an even bigger mess. She looked surprised but didn't question me as I gently cleaned her hands. "Thanks, the wind suddenly hit me, so it got messy," she said shyly.