𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

Elena glared at her and Caroline before rolling her eyes. "I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it."

"Aww, what are friends for?" the blonde chuckled out, and Elena wrapped one of the feather boas around her neck. "So who are you guys bringing to the dance?"

"What do you mean? I thought you, Bonnie, Charlie, and I were going as girl dates," the older brunette asked since that was what they had agreed on so no one would feel sad and lonely.

Charlie shook her head, recalling her phone call with Caroline and Bonnie where the girl had informed them that she was bringing someone. "Bonnie has a date. Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him."

"So here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?" the Forbes girl questioned. She was clearly on team Stefan, especially since Damon kind of tortured her psychologically for a period of time the previous year.

Elena shook her head immediately. She felt guilty about the kiss, and she could not go to a dance with Stefan after it. "I can't ask him on a date. I just made out with his brother."

"All the more reason!" the vampire girl exclaimed before exhaling. "Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want. That's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?"

"Yeah, but—"

Caroline cut her off as soon as she started saying something, desperate for Stefan and Elena to happen. "But nothing! I've watched The Bachelor, okay? Fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn."

"Yeah, and you're not biased or anything," the human girl scoffed as they took another lap around the gym. They were not really paying attention to the decorating anymore. They were just walking.

"I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight," the blonde girl insisted before turning to her younger brunette friend. "Now, Charlie, are you bringing Jeremy or Kol?"

Charlie looked at her in shock, not quite sure how to respond to that since she was caught so off guard. "What?"

"I suggest Jeremy since he's not a murdering Original vampire, and Bonnie said she's fine with it because she's with Jamie," Caroline explained, and the Lockwood was looking at her in shock, not aware that this was a conversation topic.

"What the hell? You talked to Bonnie about me and Jeremy?" the hybrid questioned, her jaw dropping as she insisted, "There is no me and Jeremy!"

Elena scoffed, rolling her eyes as she waved her off. "Oh, please. You and him shared a bed in Denver."

"What?" Caroline asked since she had clearly not heard about that part. The brunette just did not think that it was that important of a detail since nothing happened.

Charlie was in shock since she had no choice but to get in bed with Jeremy because Damon and Elena were about to start making out right next to her. She did not want to have to deal with that. "Only because you and Damon were sleeping in the other one!"

"Whatever you say."

☾❄☽

CHARLIE WAS SIPPING PUNCH AT THE DANCE ALL ALONE. She had decided not to ask anyone, so she just decided that she would find someone to hang out with when she got there. However, her plan kind of backfired because Bonnie was with Jamie, Caroline was with Tyler, and Elena was off doing God knows what with a Salvatore brother. That was why she was so relieved when she heard a familiar voice.

"Can I have this dance?" it asked, and she turned to see Jeremy's smiling face as he held a hand out for her to take.

She grinned and placed her hand in his as he pulled her onto the dance floor. "Of course."