𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

A LOT WAS HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE

Caroline was in the hospital in possibly fatal condition from a car crash that Charlie's brother caused when the Founder's Council set off a device that identified all of the vampires in the town. It also affected Charlie and her father. That was weird because none of the Lockwoods were vampires. Damon Salvatore and the brunette girl herself had almost been killed, and, to top it all off, Richard Lockwood, her father, had actually been killed. He was burnt by a fire in some random basement alongside dozens of vampires.

Bonnie, Matt, and Caroline were all at the hospital, and Matt was off getting a snack from the vending machine when Elena arrived and walked over to them. "Bonnie, Charlie. How's Caroline?"

"She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it," the Lockwood girl informed her with a solemn expression and a shake of her head. There was no telling what could happen to their blonde friend in the hospital bed, and no one was letting them see her, even though she was unconscious.

"What?" the Gilbert girl exclaimed with wide eyes, and the Bennett girl next to Charlie wrapped her arms around her in a comforting embrace. The moment was ruined by Damon walking over to them after speaking with Liz, Caroline's mother. Elena looked to Bonnie with a pleading expression, "Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?"

When the witch hesitated as if she was not exactly sure what to say, the Salvatore man answered for her. "She doesn't know how, do you?"

"No, I don't," Bonnie sighed, looking down at her feet in shame as Charlie patted her on the back. She did not blame her. From the little that she had heard, spells were pretty difficult, even the simple ones.

Damon nodded slowly with a slightly smug smile. "No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that."

"Well, I can take down a vampire," the Bennett girl threatened, glaring up at the man that was being unnecessarily rude. There was no reason for him to be that hostile, especially since she had saved both Charlie's and his lives a couple hours ago. "That spell was easy to learn."

"I can give Caroline some blood," he offered after giving up on fighting Bonnie about her witch abilities.

The Lockwood girl shook her head almost immediately. The last thing they needed was another new vampire running around and killing people. It wasn't that Caroline would want to kill someone. It was just that she probably would not be able to control the urges unless someone taught her. "Yeah, that's not happening."

"No, just enough to heal her," the Salvatore man assured her, trying to convince both her and the Gilbert girl who looked unconvinced next to him. "She will be safe in the hospital, and it will be out of her system in a day. She'll be better, guys."

"It's too risky. I can't agree to that," Elena informed him.

"Do it," Bonnie ordered, causing the Gilbert girl to look at her in shock. If anyone was going to be against that, it was going to be Bonnie. She absolutely hated vampires and everything to do with them. Charlie was slowly starting to lean toward the idea. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die."