𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"SO WHAT HAPPENED?" Charlie asked Bonnie as they sat on the Bennett girl's bed

"SO WHAT HAPPENED?" Charlie asked Bonnie as they sat on the Bennett girl's bed. Elena was handling most of the funeral arrangements for her since she was such a mess.

Bonnie sighed, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "We were lifting the spell on the tomb so that Damon could grab Katherine and get out. It's a long story, but basically Katherine wasn't there and it drained Grams. She was gone by the time I got back."

"I'm so sorry, Bon," Charlie frowned. She had loved Grams as well. She was always so welcoming and kind when the Lockwood came over because her parents were fighting or her brother was being a dick, which was all the freaking time. "So, Katherine wasn't there?"

Bonnie shook her head. "No, she wasn't, so it was all for nothing. Oh, and Anna got her mom back apparently, so it actually wasn't pointless. Now, we have one more vampire that hates us in town."

"Oh, my God. This sucks. How are you doing?" Charlie questioned, steering the conversation away from vampires and the tomb. It was a stupid question, however, because she knew that Grams meant more to Bonnie than anyone did, even Elena. She was her mentor and her friend.

"To tell you the truth, Char, I'm not doing so well," Bonnie exhaled before her eyes shifted to what was sitting on the floor next to the Lockwood girl. "Are you going to tell me what's in the bag?"

Charlie smiled, reaching into the bag, but she kept the items hidden from sight. "I know this is a bad time for you and that nothing is going to really help, but I brought some supplies."

"What kind of supplies?" Bonnie quizzed suspiciously, raising her eyebrows at the girl.

"Oh, you know," Charlie told her, slowly lifting the bag between them and onto the bed so that Bonnie could see what's inside. "Ice cream, candy, Footloose, that sort of stuff."

Bonnie took a slightly excited peek inside the bag. It was filled with all sorts of chocolate, four flavors of ice cream, a box of plastic spoons, and DVDs of the classic movies Footloose, Grease, and Dirty Dancing. Bonnie looked up, lunged at the brunette in front of her, careful not to knock over the bag, and pulled her into a hug. "You're the best, Charlotte Lockwood."