𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?" CAROLINE EXCLAIMED AS SHE SAT on Charlie's bed with the girl

"WHAT THE FREAKING HELL?" CAROLINE EXCLAIMED AS SHE SAT on Charlie's bed with the girl. The Lockwood had just explained what had happened with Klaus. After turning her into his second successful hybrid, he had ever so graciously let her go back home.

The girl groaned, falling back on her bed. "I know."

"So, you're a hybrid now?" the blonde girl questioned in disbelief. Charlie was having a hard time believing it as well, but she felt so weird because she felt somehow indebted to Klaus for doing what she wanted least in the world. When the brunette nodded, she continued, "And you're sired to Klaus too?"

"I'm pretty sure," the hybrid answered. She was almost completely sure because before, she had felt this undying hate for Klaus, but now, she could stand him and maybe even like him.

Caroline shot her a pitying look because it must be awful being sired to someone you hate. She quizzed, "How do you feel?"

"I don't know. I hate him for what he did to JJ," the younger girl answered, sitting up in her bed once again so that she could look her best friend in the eyes as she spoke. "I know that I should be really sad and everything, and I think that if this had happened on any normal occasion, I would be..."

"But?"

Charlie felt like screaming because of all of the conflict going on inside her head. She knew taht she should hate Klaus and feel awful about everything that was happening, but she just could not for some reason. "But I can't help but feel grateful toward Klaus. It's all so confusing."

"I hate this so much," the Forbes girl moaned since she did not like the fact that both her best friend and her boyfriend were basically slaves to the person that they were trying to kill, making life all the more difficult for everyone involved.

"I know I would too if I could feel anything but admiration toward him," the Lockwood spat out as she thought about what the man did to her and tried to force herself to hate him. "Can you spread the word, though? I don't really feel like telling and explaining everything to everyone."

"Yeah, of course."

The brunette thought of something last minute before Caroline headed to go help set up lanterns in the town square for yet another event. "And you have to make sure to tell everyone not to tell me about any plan against Klaus or anything. I'm scared that I'm going to end up telling him or something."